_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Trumpeter T-72B
gastec
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,042 posts
Armorama: 871 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 07:11 PM UTC
Something I'm working on in the background - Trumpeters Russian T-72B Model 1990 (No:05564). I have to say, that Trumpeter have come on leaps and bounds and this is a very nice kit indeed. So good in fact, that I almost built in OOTB

I replaced the kit indi link tracks with earlier style single-pin RMsh ones from Friul along with a modified drive sprocket (Part kit, part Friul), left off the turret mounted the cross-wind sensor and K-I era bricks above the gun-mantlet to create an earlier K-V armoured T-72B. Part G15 on the leading edge of the hull also needs to be omitted as I believe this is T-90 specific. I also replaced the vinyl un-ditching beam with a real piece of wood.

Other mods include adding texture to the anti-radiation cladding, wiring conduits and missing fuel lines. Overall, great fun to build with no fit issues though the 100 or so small PE cladding mounting pieces were fun The driver's hatch isn't 100% correct and didn't correct it on this model.

Camo scheme was a mix of air and paint brush using mig Modern Russian Colours acrylic set. Still a way to go until it's finished, but been a blast so far. Looking forward to starting Trumpy's T-90 soon at which I plan to throw a fair bit of AM

Gary
supersxvmoto
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 07:26 PM UTC
Great work so far, now I wish that I didn't sold mine. But recently I finished Trumpy T-90 that was also great fun to build
Vista85
Visit this Community
Bergamo, Italy
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 08:28 PM UTC
Really well done Gary,nice work of backdating!
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 06:32 AM UTC
Glorious work comrade

any progress shot?
 _GOTOTOP