_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Trumpeter T72 B3 question
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 09:04 AM UTC
came across these pictures of a T72B3

http://vestnik-rm.ru/news-4-5697.htm

I was of the assumption the T72 model1990 i'm building was a B3 , the above pictures show one without the radiationlayer, is it an alternate version, or is the trump version another then B3 version?

greets
AlexClark
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 09:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was of the assumption the T72 model1990 i'm building was a B3 , the above pictures show one without the radiationlayer, is it an alternate version, or is the trump version another then B3 version?

greets

Hi - the Trumpeter kit is actually an early production T-72BA, from around the early 2000s. The T-72B3 is much more recent and as you say lacks the anti-radiation cladding. It also has a much improved sighting system.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 12:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

greets

Hi - the Trumpeter kit is actually an early production T-72BA, from around the early 2000s. The T-72B3 is much more recent and as you say lacks the anti-radiation cladding. It also has a much improved sighting system.

Doesn't the BA have K1, not K5 like the Trump kit?

My guess is, like any Russian tank, its rare to find all the upgrades of a specific model on a single tank. The Trump kit is a B(1990), the B3 didn't come out until 2013.
AlexClark
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 05:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Doesn't the BA have K1, not K5 like the Trump kit?

My guess is, like any Russian tank, its rare to find all the upgrades of a specific model on a single tank. The Trump kit is a B(1990), the B3 didn't come out until 2013.

The BA can have either K1 or K5 as they are refurbishments of older tanks rather than new builds. You're right that the features vary, particular on rebuilds like this and the Trumpeter kit is a T-72BA from an early batch. The later style T-90 tracks it has are characteristic of this and weren't present in 1990. This is a good article on the details:

http://vadimvswar.narod.ru/ALL_OUT/TiVOut0809/T-72BA/T-72BA001.htm
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 08:00 PM UTC
thanks for the reply's guys, but I'm getting confused , I get that the trumpeter is a 1990 b witch is in fact a BA but with tracks that are younger ,so the kit would be a "upgraded BA?" should I change the tracks to trumpeter single links? if so will the sprocket be compatible,to be altered, or not right?

and what should I call my beast then a T72BAupgraded to ? model 199?

anyways, the build is not as expected, although this kit is ages beyond the old DML/zvesda/revell versions I've been building, the careless attitude of trumpeter in final inspection of product is somewhat disappointing to say the least, many parts don't seem to fit without some alteration, locatorholes are to close to have the part sit right,engine deck has a issue , because I had to slightly paly ant alter it to get it to fit properly. Instruction manuals are confusing as they mention parts that come from an illuster sprue not on the parts list, double numbers, or no numbers at all (exhaust assembly, thanks AFV rob for the numbers in his build) and parts so small you have to see for yourself what position they have to be glued in, this side up, sideways, at an angle??? ect The little rivets also to few of A24 and more then enough A2 pe parts, seems Trumpeter has the same pe set in their T90, as mixed are on T90 versions (also AFV robs advise). But as said it is lightyears beyond ahving to reshape ,euh, everything on the old kits

greetz
plasticjunkie
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 - 06:53 PM UTC
This may not be very helpful for you, but Miniarm make a correction turrent for the T-72B3 m2012.

http://www.miniarm.com/index.php?category=Series%20Tank%20T-72/T-90&srt=fuel+DESC
Hellrabbit
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 03:46 AM UTC
Here is some head up thing to you...actually they have B3 in pipeline and they announced it in their catalogue already!!!
 _GOTOTOP