_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Turkish Uniforms
poibrudda6
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 251 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 04:33 AM UTC
Aloha everyone!!! Looking to model some modern Turkish figures for my diorama and would like to know what packs and associated gear I could use. I know they've used the G3 and some German related weapons so could I use the German related packs and web gear?

Thank you in advance!!

Kurt
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 06:26 AM UTC
Hi Kurt,
If you can tell me time period of your diorama and what kind of figures you will use, I can help you.
best regards
Engin
poibrudda6
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 07:28 AM UTC
Hi Engin!

Yeah the time period is present day and the figures? Well-that's what I have a question on too. What would be a good basis? A starting point?
Graywolf
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 07:53 AM UTC
Turkish soldiers use different gear due to units and missions. If you tell me about the scene in your mind like troops in Afghanistan, Somalia, Bosnia or Syrian border. Army troops,Special forces-red berets or any other? Then I can send you many photos.
Modern US figures can be converted to Turkish Army.
poibrudda6
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 10:10 AM UTC
Thank you so much. I'm actually looking at doing a patrol with a regular army unit in the hills of the Iraqi/Turkey border. Something along the lines of the on going Kurdish conflict. I'm assuming then the rugsacks and what not I can also take from American figure sets? Oh and if it might not be too much to ask does the units uniforms change that much from those on the Syrian/Turkey border?
Graywolf
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 07:37 PM UTC
Hi Kurt,
Troops patroling and securing borders on Southeast Turkey are called Jandarma Ozel Harekat-JOH, units of Gendarmerie Special Operations Command. They are all professional soldiers,not the ones doing their compulsory military service. As all other special units, they use many different uniforms,weapons,vests and backpacks.I created an album and you may check it here. Please don'hesitate to ask for any questions.
best regards
Engin
 _GOTOTOP