_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Legend: ADATS and Leopard Accessories
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 11:16 AM UTC

Some news out of Legend Productions is another interesting looking M113 conversion plus some great Leopard items.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 05:03 PM UTC
Wonderful, I really love that the Dansh Leopard 1's are getting the attention they deserve. Now I only have one more big wish: a Norwegian Leopard 1A5NO2 with the extended turret bustle rack (a conversion for the new Takom 1A5 would be perfect). I hope the guys at Legend are reading this :-)
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 380 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 05:40 PM UTC
will these be full conversions, or are we going to have to buy an update kit like the C2 Mexas kit.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 06:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

will these be full conversions, or are we going to have to buy an update kit like the C2 Mexas kit.

Any "conversion" requires a base kit as a starting point.

For the Canadian M113A2 ADATS conversion you can use either a Tamiya or Academy M113 kit as the base. You will also need a Diehl track set as the Canadian M113s use this type of track.

For the Danish Leopard 1A4DK conversion you can use the Meng Leopard 1A3/A4 kit as a base...but the Italeri Leopard 1A4 kit may also work. For a UN version Leopard Club has a newly released UN Leopard decal set.

If you have the conversions and the base kits you will be able to build very accurate versions of the AFVs. There should not be any need for an update set.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 06:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Any "conversion" requires a base kit as a starting point.

I think Dylan was refering to Legend C2 MEXAS conversion, followed by 3 update/detailing/stowage sets for the same vehicle.

Mario
mshackleton
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 559 posts
Armorama: 517 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 07:02 PM UTC
The two new C2 MEXAS sets are simple add-ons to the the Takom kit to upgrade it to the 'combat' version.
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 07:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The two new C2 MEXAS sets are simple add-ons to the the Takom kit to upgrade it to the 'combat' version.

Yes, I just saw those are upgrades for Takom kit. But Legend's MEXAS conversion was followed by an additional update set for their own conversion. Or am I missing something here?

Mario
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 12:10 AM UTC
The original Legend MEXAS conversion and the first update set will work together, the latest update set can be used by itself to update the Takom Kit. Basically it looks like that have taken a few parts from the conversion set and added to the Takom update set.

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 03:06 AM UTC
As a WW2 German armor guy, I have no idea what any of this is about, but it looks awesome!
ChrisJohnson
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 03:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You will also need a Diehl track set as the Canadian M113s use this type of track.

Jason,

While it's in my mind, what's the best Diehl track on the market right now? If you're comfortable in plugging a source for Canadian consumers, I'd appreciate knowing that as well.

Cheers,

Chris
sherman-vc
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 05:12 AM UTC
Track Jam has the HKC set. it's good and good service from Track Jam. Can't comment on the AFV Club set, have not seen them.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 05:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You will also need a Diehl track set as the Canadian M113s use this type of track.

Jason,

While it's in my mind, what's the best Diehl track on the market right now? If you're comfortable in plugging a source for Canadian consumers, I'd appreciate knowing that as well.

Cheers,

Chris

I agree with Rod...The HKCW track set is excellent...a bit time consuming to build but the detail is great.

Trackjam in Georgetown, Ontario has them in stock...

http://www.trackjam.com/index.htm
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yes, I just saw those are upgrades for Takom kit. But Legend's MEXAS conversion was followed by an additional update set for their own conversion. Or am I missing something here?

Mario

If you look at the pics in the news story the update parts are being used on the Takom C2 MEXAS kit....more pics and text indicating the set is for the Takom C2 MEXAS kit are on the Legend site.

http://www.www-legend.co.kr/01_afv01.html?table=product&st=view&page=1&id=563&limit=&keykind=&keyword=&bo_class=1&fpage=&spage=

The stowage set can be used on any kit whether it be a Leopard or not.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 06:09 AM UTC
Does the stowage set come with one cot or four? If you look at the photo with the kit on the turret you see 4 cots, but the layout photo only shows one?

cheers
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Does the stowage set come with one cot or four? If you look at the photo with the kit on the turret you see 4 cots, but the layout photo only shows one?
cheers

I would suggest it will include four cots. The layout of the parts is just a portion of the set...it doesn't show the three jerry cans, large rolled tarp, or the two 25 mm ammo cans either but they are in the other pics.
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 06:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But Legend's MEXAS conversion was followed by an additional update set for their own conversion. Or am I missing something here?

Jason, sorry I was not clear enough here. I was thinking of Legends Leopard C2 MEXAS Conversion set (#LF1272) and Leopard C2 MEXAS Update set (#LF1273). The LF1273 is the update set for Legend's own MEXAS conversion. I think that is what Dylan was refering to with his initial response:

"will these be full conversions, or are we going to have to buy an update kit like the C2 Mexas kit".

Mario
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 07:52 AM UTC
No worries at all.

Buy the Legend C2 MEXAS conversion you have an initial deployment version when combined with a Leopard 1A3/A4 kit. Buy the Legend update set for the Legend C2 MEXAS conversion and you have a "combat" version.

Buy the Takom Legend C2 MEXAS kit and you have an initial deployment version. Buy the Legend update set for the Takom C2 MEXAS kit and you have a "combat" version.
SgtRam
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

But Legend's MEXAS conversion was followed by an additional update set for their own conversion. Or am I missing something here?

Jason, sorry I was not clear enough here. I was thinking of Legends Leopard C2 MEXAS Conversion set (#LF1272) and Leopard C2 MEXAS Update set (#LF1273). The LF1273 is the update set for Legend's own MEXAS conversion. I think that is what Dylan was refering to with his initial response:

"will these be full conversions, or are we going to have to buy an update kit like the C2 Mexas kit".

Mario

See my original post:

Quoted Text

The original Legend MEXAS conversion and the first update set will work together, the latest update set can be used by itself to update the Takom Kit. Basically it looks like that have taken a few parts from the conversion set and added to the Takom update set.

gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Track Jam has the HKC set. it's good and good service from Track Jam. Can't comment on the AFV Club set, have not seen them.

HKCW and AFV Club indy link kits are the same. Just different boxes.

Additionally, AFV Club produce a rubber band diehl track, but this kit does not include the sprocket, so I would not recommend that.
ChrisJohnson
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 11:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree with Rod...The HKCW track set is excellent...a bit time consuming to build but the detail is great.

Trackjam in Georgetown, Ontario has them in stock...

Thanks for the information Jason, Graeme, and Rod.

Had I been thinking at the time, I'll bet I could've picked up a set at AMPS GWN. Doh!

Cheers,

Chris
 _GOTOTOP