Hosted by Darren Baker
Basis for perfect scale leopard 2 ARV
Chuck4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 04:30 PM UTC
Does anyone know what injection kit Perfect Scale Model's newly rereleased Leopard 2 ARV Buffel uses?

Does the Perfect Scale kit come with the necessary injection plastic parts? Or does the buyer need to supply his own plastic parts?
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 05:06 PM UTC
Hi Chuck,

The PSM model is a full resin kit (only the track links are plastic i believe), no need at add anything. You can choose between versions with or without interior.

Not sure what model they used as a base, but its very nice.

Its actually a re-release, it was first released a few years ago.

Cheers,
Sven
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 06:06 PM UTC
Yes, Sven is right, the PSM kit is acomplete resin kit. I am not sure but I think that PSM used the Tamiya Leopard 2 as a base.

http://www.perfect-scale.de/Complete-Kits-1---35/Leopard-2-ARV---Bueffel---with-interior.html

Even if there are resin tracks included, there plenty of injection or metal alternatives out there.

H.-H.
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 07:28 PM UTC
Basis for the Bergepanzer 3 (Leopard 2) from PSM was the Tamiya kit, initially the road wheels and swings arms in the kit where Tamiya originals, but Tamiya later on, for some reason, stopped cooperating with PSM.
I used Tamiya plastic parts & tracks (running gear) on both my models I built ... no problemo.
One could probably very well utilize these items from the "cheaper" Revell kit including some of the side skirts if desired.
Although in resin the BergePz 3 (and 2s) are still one of the easiest, most precise and best engineered kit I have built to date.
Minor upgrades/changes were preformed on the BergePz.3 over the years ... addition/exchange of a tow-shackel on the front

.... new designed hydraulic "things" on the dozer
... "Rückfahrkamera" in the rear.

Easy fixes if you what the latest version.
If you have any questions or in doubt ... Gerold from PSM is always helpful if you drop him an email.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Christopher
Chuck4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 401 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 - 01:55 AM UTC
Thanks.

_GOTOTOP