_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
MAFVA Nationals 2014
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 - 06:46 PM UTC
Hi All,
Pleased top report that the marquee is up, and thanks to the "Long in the tooth gang", the tables are set out ready for the onslaught of traders, branches and clubs who will start descending on Duxford today.
For non-exhibitors the gates of IWM Duxford open at 10.00hrs, which is also when the competition entries table opens up fro trade. The tea stall will already be in full flow, and if I don't get a sausage roll this year there will be trouble!
The Bring & Buy is ready to receive both sellers and buyers, I wonder what bargains I will pick up this year? (Last years are still in the loft...) Being a bit busy on the day I have pre-ordered a couple of items, but of course that will not stop me buying more...
Competition entries close at 12.30hrs, so ensure you are there promptly.
The presentation of prizes will start at 16.00hrs, so in the meantime there is the Military vehicle show just outside teh marquee, the Military Book fair next door in the American Air Museum, plus of course the rest of the mammoth site to see. (And there is always Flakbait taking off, landing or 'practising' above our heads. Yesterday we were treated to a Catalina, Spitfire, Hurricane and a pair of Pitts Specials, perhaps practising for the Air Show down the road this weekend.
It promioses to be another excellent show with plenty to inspire on the club stands, and tempt us at the traders.
There is a new Tankette out and these will be available for those resubscribing if they have not already got them.

See you there!

Paul Middleton
MAFVA Liaison Officer
 _GOTOTOP