_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
BRAVO 6 Figures
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 05:09 AM UTC
I bought a set of M49 guns from them and they looked nice; I had also seen the reviews of their products here.

But I noticed that at least several of their Vietnam War figures were modeled on the characters from the Oliver Stone movie "Platoon", which I thought was disliked by Vietnam veterans. I wondered why BRAVO 6 used them of all people, since the figures were deemed authentic otherwise.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 05:15 AM UTC
Wether you liked "Platoon" or not,some of the characters in the movie looked pretty much like a lot of guys in the Nam period.
So you may see a resemblence but it is still accurate.
J
Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 08:24 AM UTC
Hi Tom,

the "Platoon" looking Figures were sculpted especially based on the movie characters. They donīt show Standard Infantry in Vietnam. If you donīt like the heads or "look" you can cut away the heads and use hornet ones. I have done this several times to convert them as Grunts, LRRP etc. You can use many aftermarked products to chnge the look. All the other Figures in their Vietnam range are based or better inspired by Original Photographs, movies or just the brilliant ideas of Vladimir Demchenko himself ;-).
 _GOTOTOP