_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M49A2C tanker
Miniam
Visit this Community
Skaraborgs, Sweden
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 - 07:38 AM UTC
Hi friends

Can a seventies truck be called modern nowadays? Time flies and many of todays modellers weren't born back then.

Anyway this is naturally AFV Club's M49A2C tanker. The kit is built OOTB and didn't cause any trouble along the way.
I'm in a period of building 60/70/80's western vehicles, so I'm experimenting with all the fonderful and different cammo variants
during that period. This tanker is sporting a summer MERDC with added aftermarket decals from Perfect Scale Modellbau and Archer.
The kit is painted with Gunze/Tamiya and weathered with oil paints and Humbrol enamels.
Perhaps I should add some fuel stains, don't you think? Otherwise this would be the cleanest tanker in history...

Kind regards
/Tomas
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hi Tomas
Yes, fuel stains woul look good and make your great build even better. I use MIG and AK product on my build.

Regards
Jacob
BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 - 08:30 AM UTC
I love it! Modern is a relative term .... To us old guys this is modern!

The MERDC patterns were my favorite, lots if options. MASSTER is my second fav.

I built this kit as a kid and actually won a prize at a show. Since then the kits been moved and stacked in boxes so many times it's in pieces. I'd live to find the kit again and build another. I added top bows to mine and rolled up the canvas on both sides. This was often done so it'd blend in as as ordinary 2 1/2 ton to the opposition and not draw attention as a tanker (big exploding target).
M-123driver
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 10:29 AM UTC
Excellent Refuelers. I was with H&S Co. Motor T, 1st Tank Bn. at Camp Pendleton 1977-1979 when the Corps was transitioning from Green to MERDC. Those trucks had to be scrubbed spotless before painting so when they came back from the paint shop they looked pristine, for a while anyway.
 _GOTOTOP