_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Military-Resin.com BE CAREFUL
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 - 09:05 AM UTC
I have had an ongoing issue with a French based company called Military-resin.com, that is owned by a Gilles Mazire. I have tossed in the towel and will be relying on Mastercard to get my money back for non-receipt of merchandise.

I will recap....

June 8: placed an order for two Royal Model Figures, RM266 and RM 669 Total was 26.00 Euros I received a confirmation email and transaction number.

June 9 $39.99 (Euros to Canadian funds) posted from Gilles Mazire to my Mastercard

June 19 Sent an email inquiring as to the status - no response

June 21 Resent email asking about the status - no response

June 23 Emailed again for an update - no response

June 25 Frustrated I searched for comments on Military-resin.com, and found this one (it has been edited to removing reference to a second vendor):

Attention all modellers
Do not buy anything at military-resin.com. These online stores advertise all kinds of rare, often resin, upgrade kits and gladly accept your money but never ship the ordered items. The owner of military-resin.com, a Gilles Mazire, will send you apologetic emails, inventing all kinds of excuses just to get past the 40 day deadline set by Paypal for money-back claims. After the deadline he will just ignore your messages.

June 30 Received an email from Gilles Nazire:

Dear Sir, apologize for our delay in replying you, wednesday our suoolier send us an email telling the model is not more available, we have order a stock since 3 months and have received an half of this order. We will refund your money of course, Have you a paypal acoount, Once again sorry for this situation best regard military resin

--------------
I found it strange that he would ask me if I had a Paypal account, he should be able to see how I paid....
-------------

July 2 I posted here on Armorama that I felt good with this response.

July 3 No money in my paypal account, sent an email to inquire and received this response Greg, it will be a pleasure to work with you please find the refund of your money. Go to your paypal account and ell me inform, best regards, military-resin

July 3 I responded telling Mr. Nazire that there was no money in my Paypal, he sent me this response:
Hi i have a trouble for payment which will be done tomorrow, Best regards, military resin

July 4 Went to my Paypal account to check, and just like when old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard.........

I will rely on Mastercard for getting my money back, but I wanted to share my experience.
ubisuck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 255 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 - 11:44 AM UTC
It's good info to be made aware of. Thank you for this.
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 09:18 AM UTC
This is another reason why i love Armorama (1) Members WILL post about bad or shoddy service and (2)when in doubt ASK,i have seen numerous posts recommending/discrediting sellers on the web.
If we keep this up we can all keep our hard earned in our pockets or only going to reputable sellers.
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 01:52 PM UTC
I think that the key behind posting a bad experience is to describe what happened, trying not to interject personal opinions or accusations.

It can be hard to do when you are the one who has lost money...but I think we are all best served to describe the situation and let others make their own personal opinions.

That is what I have tried to do here..........

_GOTOTOP