_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
black knight pt2
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 11:11 AM UTC
heres some more pictures of my black knight figure just got round to doing the chain mail
its games workshop chaos black and over brushed/drybrushed with games workshop bolt gun metal, any comments fire away I'm not sure if the arms are to bright it still needs some washes ect but seems to be comming along

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 11:29 AM UTC
The chain mail looks good. The colar and skirt are a bit bright, could use a bit more black wash.

Tell us more about the helmet... what have you done with that so far?
Zverko
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 177 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 12:31 PM UTC
Who is the manufacturer of that figure? 120mm?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 03:01 PM UTC
I believe it's Verlindens 120mm superscale figure. correct me if I'm wrong...
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
I agree with Scott, it looks really good, a little more black washes to tone it down a little would do wonders. Chainmail wasnt really shiny, especially after it had been worn for a while. Looking forward to see your porgress!
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 06:17 PM UTC
I Like this figure.... very threadning pose.... Nice.

About the chain mail... Maybe it's just the flash that made it light up.... when you look at the areas that are not in the direct flesh, the chainmail looks to be almost black, being the right color. I think Mike has to tell us how he looks in real life.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2003 - 09:32 PM UTC
thanks lads for the comments Ithink the flash has made the chain mail look to bright,
as above I 've just undercoated the chainmail in black and dry/over brushed in boltgun metal
till I thought it had a good mix of the black showing through,

slodder your right about it being 120mm verlinden super scale as for the helmet all I have done so far is to spray humbrol metalcoat steel on it at a fairly low pressure and leave ot to dry for a couple of days then use a tissue to polish it up I still need to get into the nooks and crannies with it and it still has a bit of away to got yet. Ithink doing the armour took about 1 hr all in including the undercoat :-)
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 12:44 AM UTC
Looking good so far,like some of the lads have said,it's a bit too bright at the moment,but the flash will do that,turn the flash off,or take a pic outside,that might help,the following pic is a fig i did a wee while ago,the helm and mail were done in a very dark brown humbrol,then very dark grey oil,almost black was laid on,i then wiped over it with a soft cloth to take some of the paint off,while the oil paint was still wet,i put W&N silver on as highlights,and stippled it in,when all this was dry i could buff it up to get the results you can see,the other way you could do it is,with your fig at this stage it to over paint the mail and armour with very dark brown,and wipe it off.All the best
Arthur
mikeli125
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC
thanks for the tips athur I've added a few more pictures on another post
when you talk about the brown is it a gloss/matt and do you treat it as a heavy wash the colour you used would be good if you have it to hand
 _GOTOTOP