_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Out of Nowhere...an ITALERI BMP-1!
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 10:55 PM UTC
So, in a really surprising announcement, Italeri have shown they are readying a new BMP-1 kit in 1/35.

A release I really didn't see coming and I reckon I'm not the only one! Unfortunately this concept box art is all the info there is but I would say they will likely have this released by the end of the year if they are announcing it now.

Still- the more BMP releases the merrier.
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 11:03 PM UTC
Just taking a wild guess at this, of course I could be wrong, but could this possibly be a re-release of the old Zvezda/Dragon/Revell BMP-1?

(I think it was even sold under the Italeri label at some point.)

I'd love to be proved wrong, though, the more newly tooled BMP's , the merrier :-)
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 11:22 PM UTC
Actually, this was announced a while ago when someone posted a link to the 2014 Italeri catalogue.. and it was announced as an Iraqi BMP-1.. and the guys were saying that it was probably a re-release.. I would be very happy if it weren't just a re-release

Link to old thread

Hisham
Violetrock
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 - 04:29 AM UTC
As they own the Esci moulds, my bet is you find the old Esci kit in it.

Thomas
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 - 05:00 AM UTC
I must have over-looked the mention of this in that other thread! Still, interesting news nonetheless. I would be very happy aswell if it wasn't a re-release- I would say the chance is maybe 50/50 with Italeri- either they go all new or re-pop an old mould.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 - 07:03 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;

If it is the Old DML kit, then its not 1/35 but closer too 1/32 ! But then why would you Buy the Old DML stuff when you can get the Excellent Trumpeter kits.

CHEERS; MIKE.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 - 07:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Everybody;

If it is the Old DML kit, then its not 1/35 but closer too 1/32 ! But then why would you Buy the Old DML stuff when you can get the Excellent Trumpeter kits.

CHEERS; MIKE.

Don't forget the Esci is over scaled too.

Caesar9
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 - 08:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just taking a wild guess at this, of course I could be wrong, but could this possibly be a re-release of the old Zvezda/Dragon/Revell BMP-1?

(I think it was even sold under the Italeri label at some point.)

I'd love to be proved wrong, though, the more newly tooled BMP's , the merrier :-)

Correct. I'm currently building one I found on Ebay thirteen years ago. Interesting thing about this kit is that Italeri actually includes a diagram for setting their individual track links as opposed to its DML sibling which does not. Headaches come in track form don'cha know, not just capsules
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 03:02 PM UTC
Absolutely a re-pop of the DML kit. Both Esci and DML kits had their toolings cut by the same firm using the same blueprints to do the work, only slight differences between the kits.

Avoid at this point, it will probably be priced higher than what you can get the Trumpeter kit for.
 _GOTOTOP