_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Afghan Scene
jasperck
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 03:40 PM UTC
I am about to embark on a project that will (hopefully) take me through the summer. I just placed a large order that includes Revell's 1/35 Dingo 2 and MiniArt's 1/35 Middle East diorama, as well as Trumpeter's German ISAF figure set and Meng's Middle Eastern civilian set. The idea is to have the Dingo parked in the middle of the diorama with the soldiers just getting out of the vehicle and the civilians looking on. Once the order arrives (probably not until week after next, unfortunately) I will start posting progress updates.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 09:11 AM UTC

Germans for once!! And why not!!

Looking forward to seeing more!!

Good luck!

Cheers

Romain

jasperck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 04:01 PM UTC
Everything arrived today. I'm going on vacation for a week, so I won't be able to start until next Saturday. Pictures will be posted.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:45 AM UTC
Sounds interesting. The Dingo is a nice kit and the Trumpeter figures are good too....but the decals for the uniform camo are a disaster. I do like to look of thet MinaArt set and will really enjoy watching this one come together
jasperck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 01:53 PM UTC
Progress! I've completed the chassis, drivetrain, etc. for the dingo and I'm working on figures as well. Detail all around is adequate, although there are some nasty mold seams on the Revell kit that can be a pain to remove. Fit is generally good, but not great.

Sorry about poor picture quality... damn phones!
jasperck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:05 AM UTC
I had to drop the project for most of the fall, but I've been working off and on for the past two months. I've added a Meng pickup... Since these photos were taken, I have finished the pickup, dusted with acrylics, made more progress on the buildings, added furniture (a set from MiniArt and some scratchbuilt stuff), and added some grass to the base.
Painting was done with mostly Vallejo plus a few Tamiya acrylics. I weathered with oil washes, Vallejo pigments, and a special tile grout/artist's pigment mix.

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 - 07:57 PM UTC
Lots of nice progress for sure.
J
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2015 - 12:17 PM UTC
Plenty of nice work going on here! In your post you mention addition work you've done since these images - you should post the new work - looking forward to your next post -

Cheers
Nick
jasperck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 12:41 AM UTC
Shoot! I just realized I never posted pictures of the completed build. Aaaanyways, here they are...

callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:03 AM UTC
Nice one. I like the composition. And though its not my period of interest, I may have to get that Dingo kit as its a great looking vehicle.
americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 01:38 AM UTC
excellent work! nice dio; well-executed; inspires me to do more modern stuff as well; mostly I do WW2 stuff;
jasperck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 02:27 AM UTC
I very rarely build models of modern subjects; I tend to prefer WWI and WWII vehicles and figures. When I first saw pictures of the Dingo kit online, something about that aggressive, ugly, bulldog-ish shape called to me and inspired me to start work on this dio. It's certainly not a bad kit, but I had to replace some detail here and there with sheet styrene and stretched sprue because of both the mold seams and the softness of the parts (and detail). If you decide to build this one, take your time and dry-fit everything! It's quite affordable, but for a reason.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 - 05:25 AM UTC
It certainly did turn out great and I think it was also worth the wait!
J
 _GOTOTOP