_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
German WWI Uniform Colours.
Dodge54
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 11:46 PM UTC
Hi,

i am kind of a newbie painting figures ...

I want to paint some german ww1 figures but i am not sure how i get the correct uniformcolours. In comparison to the uniforms of ww2, the uniform seems to be more or less grey.

Is there a paintset like the Andrea set for WW2 ?

I have to interrupt my painting quite often for some days and find it hard to mix the same tone again...

So, if someone could name a set or single matching colours it would be a great help!

Thanks in advance!

Christian
Dodge54
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 11:50 PM UTC
Short update with infos i received from Andrea Miniatures in the meantime...

Dear Mr. Kachel,

Regarding your question, you can buy our WWII ACS (ACS-010). Then you can change its base color adding XNAC-41 + XNAC-17. In the light colors, you can add these same colors. In the case of shadow colors, you can use directly the colors of the WWI ACS.

I hope this briefing helps you to paint your WWI new figures.

Regards,

Dpto. Facturación

ANDREA EUROPE S.L.

Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 10:41 PM UTC
If you mix colors and want to keep the mix workable for several days then you should consider a wet pallette- it keeps any paint on it workable for a while so if you mix a custom color one day you can go back and use it the next.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hi Chriatian,
have you seen my report from a WWI reenactment?
http://armorama.com/features/5465
I personallly wouldn`t car too much the correct uniform color. As with any fabric there will be no UNIFORM uniform color, especially towards the end of the war.
H.-H.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 01:39 AM UTC
If you're mixing your own acrylic colors and want to save them, store them in a screw top jar or pop-top container. Small ones are best especially if you fill it to the top - the less air inside means less drying out of the paint. You could also add a few drops more of water, or whatever thinner, to also slow the drying out. The small containers are usually available at art supply stores, or (more cheaply) at dollar stores.
Dodge54
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 09:29 PM UTC
Thanks to everyone for the comments!

I will try the jar method and give the wet pallete a try also.

Wear and tear, especially in the miserable conditions
of the trenches, seem to have produced millions of shades. But with the pics there´s a good point to start from.

Having built german and allied vehicles for some years maybe i had to much confrontation withe the GEMOPO (Geheime Modellbau Polizei).

You know the guys knowing everything better and never show a model built themselves. ... ;-)

Best regards

Christian
 _GOTOTOP