Hosted by Darren Baker
Orochi M3A3 standrad kit - good marketing
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 - 11:18 PM UTC
It looks like Orochi is listening to modelers. Just announced on PMMS is an M3A3 CFV Standard Edition kit w/out the metal tracks, metal barrel, or out of place resin EOD figure. I think this is a great marketing decision and will keep the price of the kit down for those of us who don't want the extra parts.

For those who do want the metal tracks and metal barrel, or to update prior Bradley kits, they are offering them as a separate update set: M2/M3 Bradley Family Update Set.

The originally announced M3A3 CFV Deluxe Edition kit w/all the extras still looks like it will be coming out too.

Orochi page at PMMS
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,208 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 01:49 AM UTC
Gino,
I would guess that your "conversation" with Ken may have resonated with Orochi. Regardless, I like that fact that some manufacturers are looking at offering the upgrades and/or interiors as separate purchases.

John
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 02:55 AM UTC
I don't know if our discussion had anything to do with it or not, but I am glad they changed their minds. I agree on the separate detail and interior sets too. Good news for all.
KenLawrence
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 04:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know if our discussion had anything to do with it or not, but I am glad they changed their minds. I agree on the separate detail and interior sets too. Good news for all.

Greetings,

For everyone's information, Orochi had planned this "Standard" kit along with the "Deluxe" version from the beginning of the project. They kept us informed about it, but we couldn't say anything about it as you can understand.

We pass as much information to Orochi as we can so that they have a good understanding of the market. We do pay particular attention to the postings on this site. We are happy to hear that people like this new "Standard" version. Thanks and

Best Regards,

Ken Lawrence
PCM, Inc.
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
Armorama: 764 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 08:17 PM UTC
What is the verdict on this kit? Is it worth buying?

Thanks
Mike
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 08:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What is the verdict on this kit? Is it worth buying?

Thanks
Mike

From what I understand and I have read about it, its a very basic kit and is lacking in detail vs the Meng kit!

jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 08:37 PM UTC
The Meng kit is more detailed. I have the Orochi delux version- the tracks and barrel are very nice. Some of Orochi's plastic detail is simplified. I would compare it to Tamiya's kits- excellent fit, easy to assemble, detail is crisp but simplified in places. I completed mine, minus paint and tracks and enjoyed it.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 09:06 PM UTC
As the others have said, it turned out to be a not so great kit. It is about on par with the older Tamiya Bradley kits with some soft details and simplified sub-assemblies. Get the Meng kit and you will not be disappointed.
 _GOTOTOP