_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Zvezda: Panther Coming From Russia
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 10:57 AM UTC

A new Panther kit is on the way from Zvezda in the form of an Ausf.D, and the initial images look good.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 10:19 PM UTC
I really like how Zvezda have improved in recent years as a model company and personally, I thought their 1/35 T-90 was a very good kit despite some of the detractors. The Panther shown here looks very nice but having built 3 DML Panthers over the years, I do ask "why another Panther" in 1/35? From the pics, I personally see nothing here that improves upon the readilly available Dragon kit?

Before anyone goes on about price, IMHO, DML 1/35 kits are very reasonable - especially second hand- on eBay etc. these days so are affordable to most if you don't 'have' to have one straight away and thus pay full retail.

I hope it does well for Zvezda and it will be interesting to see what the 'experten' on this and other sites have to say once they get their hands on one.

Gary
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 01:26 AM UTC
It is the initial D version with workable links, as opposed to magic track or DS styrene found on the Dragon kit. Detail looks very good. No photo etch for the engine deck, but otherwise looks really very nice. Based on the pre-order price from Lucky Model, I can get this to my door, shipping included, for the retail, or less than retail, of the Dragon kit.

As a side note, I am very glad to see the workable track links. Those are the same type I purchased from AFV Club to build my Zvezda Tiger. Maybe I can pin my hopes on Zvezda to do a new tool M3/M3A1 light tank, or the M3 medium, as so many were sent lend lease, and no one else seems interested at the moment. I really like what Zvezda is doing and they really are working to make a much better product.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 01:26 AM UTC
Why another Panther? Because everyone wants a piece of that pie so no matter how many there are out there, a company wants their share.

Jeff
Berlin45
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 10:04 AM UTC
It might, like the Tiger I (and many Japanese products), be more geared for the domestic market. I bet Dragon kits can be pretty pricey in Russia/ETC.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 02:23 PM UTC
Doesn't look too bad to me...
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 07:01 PM UTC
Looks OK but lacking in fine detail on the photos (lack of texture, weld seams, crude tools, etc…).
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 12:31 AM UTC
this will make a good "destroyed" panther in any dio.
 _GOTOTOP