_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
delays in posting articles
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 07:59 AM UTC
hi i was wondering why there is such a delay from when an item is sent in to it being posted up , is that there are too many articles or tip , or is it the standard is not good enough to be posted up? is there a way of letting those who post in articles etc the reason for delay or simply not posting them up . i ask as i have noticed a very long delay from when i post an article to it actualy being posted on web site . but i get no feed back . so no one can improve if they are making errors or help to improve their own standard . happy new year to all the staff and members cheers ian
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:28 AM UTC
Ian,

I don't know to which article you are referring, but I have put up several articles from you on the site in the past, with great pleasure.

To be honest, for me the reason for causing some delay on a article is due to several factors.

Yes, some articles are not ready for direct publishing, they need some editing to fit in to the Armorma standard (but, as I recall, your articles where among the easy ones)
And sometimes I just don't have the time, please remember that all the staff members are volunteers and have a life besides Armorama (jobs and family)

Please bear with us (BTW I don't have any of your articles in the pipeline)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:29 AM UTC
Huh?

Wish I could answer you Ian, but I'm not sure of what you submitted and the disposition of said piece. I do know that I don't have anything waiting in the queue from you.

A PM directly to any of the Staff Members handling different areas of the Site would be most helpful instead of a posting in a thread. I'll ask around for you.

Gunnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:32 AM UTC
Ian,
I don't know if you have been sending all content submissions to one email address ([email protected] -- which is me) but we changed the submissions procedures a while back to sort submissions to their respective editors or content managers. Please refer to this page for that info. Submissions

As for delays in general I can only plead guilty for my email inbox is like an avalanche of posts from the past year. I try to get to as many as I can in order of importance to the site (features first, reviews next, news, etc). Many times photo submissions are not acted upon as we have our new PhotoPost system that allows users to upload images directly to the site. For your reference submissions (non-model photos) I would submit them to [email protected] and Robert (FAUST) will add them to the gallery.

I hope that clears it up a little. I think the biggest problem for people to understand is the sheer amount of communication it takes to keep this site running smoothly. Sometimes I get home and spend an hour or two just reading and replying to email and PMs. And yes sometimes I don't reply to everyone who sends an email or content submission. For this I apologize. I wish I had the time to respond to everyone but unfortunately I don't.

And also... This time of year with the holidays and all I would expect to see a slowdown in all staff related activities with vacations and other distractions. There were even a few days this month were I did not even visit the site. Okay...maybe 1. :-)

Cheers,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC
Lol...well we are certainly speedy in our forum replies!

Jim
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 03:20 AM UTC
hi all , it looks like they have been lost in the either of cyper space , i will start all over again the new year , the items will be t 34 track guard replacement from aluminium foil , t 55 review of new book by wwp , and as 90 and two others on super detailing kits from same publisher all are on file . sorry about mix up it may be me once more wrong button , happy new year to you all and your families cheers ian
 _GOTOTOP