Hosted by Darren Baker
Snow
Wezz
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 826 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 08:34 AM UTC
Hi, How can u make snow on a tree and snow on the ground?
Thx
Wezz
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 09:27 AM UTC
Hi

i am using STANGER' schnee spray and i am happy with that. however if you will use it for large areas i can offer you baking soda+ hair spray... some modelers use powder , but never tried. Good luck...
Neill
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,255 posts
Armorama: 485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 09:36 AM UTC
I use a pump sprayer water and white glue mixture (50/50) -- a few misty sprays and sprinkle with Sweet N'Low. If you want a snowdrift or build up area use Styrofoam or Water Putty/Plaster to build up area first, then same procedure.

John
www.johnneill.com

Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 04:33 PM UTC
I've used Woodland Scenics snow. Just spray on some adhesive glue and sprinkle the stuff on just like it would fall naturaly. If you need a deeper layer spray on some more glue and sprinkle another coat. To make it clump or clog up in tracks mix it with white glue and just put it in place.
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 485 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 06:17 PM UTC
Woodland Scenics "Snow" is also known as microballoons....but a lot more expensive because it has the words Woodland Scenics in front of it. You can usually get a 5 gallon pail of it for as much as a small bag of it costs by Woodland Scenics.....look in any hardware store or better yet a plastic supply shop.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 05:20 PM UTC
I've had great sucess using a "mist sprayer" that contains a thinned mix of water and white glue... and then I use an old fashioned "flour sifter" like your granny used to make biscuits, and filled it with cheap and easily found 'HydroCal" powder.... the affects are astounding, especilly if you want to show snow that has been driven in a direction.... instead of a full even coat in all areas.
panzerseba
Visit this Community
Vrancea, Romania
KitMaker: 92 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 09:59 PM UTC
i use baking soda with white glue
if u want a hard snow surface (litle ice ) u can use hair lack spray mix with baking soda
for frozen water on a flt surface i use nail lack
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 08:22 PM UTC
using baking soda or baby powder u avoid all the coakroach attacks that u could have with the sweet n low sugar stuff!!!1
 _GOTOTOP