Hosted by Darren Baker
Terminator Combat Action
Alpha6
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 08:49 AM UTC
Hey Everyone, I'm asking this purely to satisfy my own curiosity. Did the BMPT Terminator ever see combat action, i.e, Chechnya? I'm not building the Terminator any time soon but it's just something I'm curious about. Thanks again.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 09:10 AM UTC
Hi;

Too the best of my knowledge, No it has not been used in combat yet. The Vehicle has only been built in very Low numbers, the Terminator has had A long Development History with Many Trial Vehicles and Experiments. And Basically is still in the Development Stage, just look at the Mk;2 !

CHEERS; MIKE.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 09:33 AM UTC
It hasn't been officially adopted as of yet and the Russians only have 2, maybe 3 of them.

Erik
OldWarloke
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2,663 posts
Armorama: 2,649 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 09:53 AM UTC
Looks like I built an almost paper panzer.
Donald
101yann
Visit this Community
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
KitMaker: 97 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 10:34 AM UTC

Azerbaidjan have bought a few :

http://www.armyrecognition.com/october_2011_news_defense_army_military_industry/russia_sells_armored_vehicles_bmp-t_btr-82_and_tos_buratino_in_kazakhstan_2810111.html

Alpha6
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 11:14 AM UTC
Thanks for your help everyone.

@101yann: Do you know if Azerbaijan is using their Terminators?
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 04:26 PM UTC
Hi;

At some point in time, I think it will see Combat.
Too what Extant or Degree only Time Will Tell
Even being A Urban Fighting Vehicle it will still be very Vulnerable Despite its Awsome Firepower.

CHEERS; MIKE.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 06:33 PM UTC
Kazakhstan has purchased a few. And to my knowledge they have not used them in combat yet. Actually, I am sure that in this form the Terminator is more like a show vehicle with many useless and ridiculous features (probably the reason why Russia hesitated to adopt it in the first place).
marc13fr
Visit this Community
Aisne, France
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 07:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kazakhstan has purchased a few. And to my knowledge they have not used them in combat yet. Actually, I am sure that in this form the Terminator is more like a show vehicle with many useless and ridiculous features (probably the reason why Russia hesitated to adopt it in the first place).

I am sad has to see what he(it) of ridiculous there in combinations(overalls) of standard(cannon) / missile on an armored car (which(who) is one classic architecture is already tried(felt)) especially since the creation of the BMPT come from reflections of the state Russian chief warrant officer further to the Chechen conflict (the capacity endowed the armoured units of a vehicle of accompanying which can engage(open) all typify of threat other one than tanks in circles urban

The BMPT was not acquired by the Russian army for a budgetary question and of priority (development of units of fast display (airborne troop) modernization of equipments and individual armament, modernization of the materials in service

And other argument, if the concept BMPT was so bad, explains I the reason of the development of the second version the BMPT-72
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 07:43 PM UTC
I understand what You mean. Many things get developed in the defence industry, and only a fraction are ever fielded. Even products that are good can be cancelled without an explanation.
The BMPT, while probably a good concept, needs to mature further. This product has now existed for almost 10 years and they have sold less than 10 of them. I am sure the Russian army does the math before purchasing anything, mostly to avoid the costly failures that plague other armies, that apparently have too much money.
marc13fr
Visit this Community
Aisne, France
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 08:12 PM UTC
I puts you in link, a small report of the site TTU (strategic newsletter and of defense), concerning intended employment(use) of the BMPT

http://www.ttu.fr/les-terminator-assembles-au-kazakhstan/

An extract of the text translates: satisfied by their efficiency and by the tactical employment(use), Kazakhstan now wants to make them on its ground.

In it I add that the theoretical doctrine of employment(use) of this vehicle type requires a ratio of 2 for 1, what financially turns out to be a high investment
101yann
Visit this Community
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
KitMaker: 97 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 11:49 PM UTC

sorry got the countries mixed up
It is Kazakhstan of course !
marc13fr
Visit this Community
Aisne, France
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 02:16 AM UTC
Ce que je sais c'est que , au même titre que les T90 MS ( CM ou MC l’appellation est obscure ) l’Algérie et l' Inde ce sont montrer intéressés par le BMPT ( est ce que cela débouchera sur une mise en service, seul l'avenir le dira )

What I know it is that, in the same way as T90 MS (CM or MC the naming is dark) Algeria and India they are to show interested in the BMPT (what is what it will uncork in a putting into service, only the future will say it)
Alpha6
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 07:42 PM UTC
Thanks for your help everyone. Safe to say that the Terminator will not be back, at least not for a couple more years
marc13fr
Visit this Community
Aisne, France
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 09:05 PM UTC
I should begin mine next week
On the other hand I does not still know in which delivered I am going to paint him(it)
 _GOTOTOP