_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
airbrush "pulsating"
ziggy1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 231 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 01:47 PM UTC
Good evening gentlemen,
I just received my new Iwata Eclipse HP-CS today to replace my old airbrush of the same kind. It works great, but when I hook up my old brush, (only a year older) it "pulsates in bursts" the paint or water, or whatever I put through it. I'll switch over to the new one, and everythings fine.
I cleaned the heck out of it and it also bubbles when only the air button is pressed.
Could that be a worn out part, or is something not tight enough or seated properly? I am at my wits end with this!!
Thanks in advance,
-Chris "Ziggy"
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 521 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 01:59 PM UTC
It sound like you are leaking air back . What's your old airbrush ? Is the bubbles at the paint container ? Sorry I did not see above .
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 - 02:02 PM UTC
bubbles in the paint cup is usually fixed by tightening the nozzle down. A little bee's wax can serve as a seal for the part if tightening does not solve the problem.

As far as the "pulsating", this usually happens if the paint is to thick. If it happens with just water, i would use a magnifier and make sure the needs and nozzle is not damaged. If everything looks okay, I would contact Iwata Medea. They have excellent customer service.
 _GOTOTOP