_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Crew close-up pics.... in progress
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hi guys-

Sorry about the double post here. I just wanted to get some feedback on the M-10 crew - and my first post didn't really show them all that well. As I said before, I'm a total noobie when it comes to figures - this is my first real attempt....

I have the base colors painted, and a light wash of dark brown on the unis, but now what? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How do I get rid of the "gloss", and do I de-gloss before i do anything else, or can I wait until I get them done - then hit em with dullcoat?

Thanks-
Jeff

AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 11:50 AM UTC
Hola!

I think you are off to a great start! What you can do is make a little darker shades of the base colors and paint the shadows, and then make lighter mixes from the base color and paint highlights. I would also suggest that you take some dilluted black paint and outline all ppockets, straps etc., its an easy way to make it look a lot better. I think your skintones look pretty good too. As far as the shine, if you paint everything except for the things that are painted in metallics, you can dull coat it and go back and paint the metallic areas. Dull coat has a tendency to make all metalic surfaces look very grainy. Hope this is of some help Keep up the good work!
 _GOTOTOP