_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Metal track set for object 279... WHEN????
Panzerfan
Visit this Community
Mexico
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 03:26 PM UTC
It's almost a year since the release of the 1/35 Object 279 kits, and the question surrounding my mind is...

WHEN WILL WE HAVE A METAL TRACK SET FOR THAT KIT???????????

I know that some of you will tell "four set of track?? BUNCh OF WORK, but, c'mon guys!!! Can you imagine the kit's weight with those kind of tracks?? And almost all agree that, besides their particularities, all the three kits suffer for eyector pin marks in the plastic tracks.

So, if you think the same, please join and yell with all your lungs, so Fruilmodel (or anyone else) can hear...

WE WANT A 1/35 METAL TRACK SET FOR THE OBJECT 279 KIT!!!!!!!!
BigfootV
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Armorama: 994 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 05:14 PM UTC
Dan-T,

Umm, not sure why they've not done that yet since Fruilmodel has the WW1 Mark IV male and I think Female tank tracks on the market for those kits and those just came out.

Things that make you go, Hmmmmm.

See ya in the funnies..................
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 07:07 PM UTC
with the imminent arrival of my takom kit I'd love some metal tracks for it, but maybe there would be to small a call for them?

Brian, I think they had already made sets for the Mk4 so a few different sets would only have required little adaptation to produce I suspect that's why they seem to have arrived so quickly. Either that or they hedged their bets that one would arrive this year.

Paul
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 08:07 PM UTC
Dan mate which Object 279 ya got ? ,I have the Amusing Hobby 279 and the tracks that has are pretty damn nice and went together easily,, hell only took about 2 hours to do all 4 sets .
Its also got a RB barrel in it now oh that is so nice too.
Now all i got to do is get around to painting it .
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2014 - 02:34 AM UTC
And for what? Tracks that you get with the Takom kit are perfect, no metal ones needed at all imo.
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2014 - 03:00 AM UTC
Got the Amusing Hobby kit, and the tracks are really fine so I will pass on metal tracks for it
And thinking about the final weight of a finished model with those four tracks, thank you but no thank you
 _GOTOTOP