_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
TOS-1A Question
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 04:45 AM UTC
Does anyone know of any good close-up pics of the TOS-1A in firing mode showing clearly the deployment of the jacks at the rear. The few pics I've found are from a distance so it not quite clear how they deploy.

Regards,
Andy
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hi Andy;

The pics, and Videos that I have seen show just A little of the Rear section, and I assume that you have A Slight Hint on how they work. The Shock Absorbers are lowered too the Ground and the Round Disks sit flat on the Ground, the shock absorbers compensate for the Blast of the Rockets and also reduce the Roll Back affect on the Chassis !And they also Help Distribute some of the Weight when the Launcher is Raised at Higher Elevations, which I would think would be the most Important use for the Stabilizers !

CHEERS; MIKE.
Minsk94
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 418 posts
Armorama: 408 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 01:58 AM UTC

andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
Brilliant, thanks very much Alex. These pics clearly show that the Trumpeter parts are underdetailed on their interior and that, along with other pics online, show that the springs between the discs and the fold-down part are missing. These should be visible in the raised position too.

Regards,
Andy
 _GOTOTOP