_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
questions on uparmoured BMP-3
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 278 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 - 07:40 PM UTC
Hi all,
I'm ready to start a kit of an uparmoured BMP-3 of Trumpeter.
Only, a quick googling has showed that the additional armour was installed only on one or two examples, and not put into production. This is a bit disappointing for me.
I need suggestions by someone that knows the vehicle and/or the kit.
I was wondering if to omit the additional armour and build the vehicle as a more representative Russian one.
Or, I've seen that Trumpeter announced a BMP-3 of Emirates with the same additional armour. Is there any difficulty to convert the kit into this one, apart for the markings? Do my kit lack of any pieces that are apposite for the BMP-3s of this country?
Any suggestion is welcome.
Regards
Massimo
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 05:09 AM UTC
Hi;

The UAE was the only ones to field this variant, and yes you can build it as A Russian version just by not installing the add on armor. IMHO I would just Go Ahead and Build the kit the way it comes in the Box, it Builds into A Stunning BMP-3 ! What ever way that you Build it, have Fun, Relax, and Enjoy !!!

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 08:17 AM UTC
Hi Mike, thank you for your answer. Yes, the model from the box would be interesting anyway.
I've seen photos of beautiful Indonesian and Greek vehicles, and I am wondering if decals for them are available in some way.
Regards
Massimo
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 09:13 AM UTC
Hi Massimo;

Trumpeter did the BMP-3 as A Cypriot Version, unfortunately I don't know of any AM Decal Sheets.
Greek Markings are A Lil-bit Different as I am sure you know, as for Indonesian Vehicles that would be Another Matter And you mite try and see if Trumpeter would send you A set from there Cypriot kit, I will look thru my Collection of Decals and have A Look. If I find anything I will let you know, and maybe one of our other Friends can offer some Help !

CHEERS; MIKE.
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 04:45 PM UTC
Hi Mike,
has Trumpeter a service to supply spare parts? Does it require payment? It would be very helpful.
Indonesian tanks are characterized by a large yellow inscription 'Marinr' on their sides and by unit marks. It could be a good option for a PT-76 too.
I know a guy that can make custom decals, but I've already started the model and so I prefer quick solutions to not interrupt the work.
Regards
Massimo
mokush
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
KitMaker: 216 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 01:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

has Trumpeter a service to supply spare parts?

Short: no
Longer: you have to ask your local Trumpeter dealer. Last time I had to wait 7 (seven!) months for a missing decal sheet.
Good luck!
MassimoTessitori
Visit this Community
Italy
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 06:26 AM UTC
Thank you.
Now I've decided to make the model as from instructions.
There is a strange camo where the light color is not the usual sand, but a sort of apple green or zinc chromate yellow. They don't want to risk to pass unobserved, it seems.
Regards
Massimo
 _GOTOTOP