_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Takom: Tracks and St. Chammond Box Art
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 11:51 AM UTC

An update in from Takom has some new workable tracks and the box art for the next St. Chammond on the way.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 592 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 01:14 PM UTC
Cool. More WW1 goodies and didn't realise they were doing these workable tracks as well.

Notice how it says for the MkII, MkV, Tadpole and Whippet too.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 02:38 PM UTC
So why didn't they just include the workable tracks in their Mk IV kits? I'm no expert but I think more people would be likely to buy the kit with these tracks instead of the 5 piece per link tracks in the kit.

Erik
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 02:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So why didn't they just include the workable tracks in their Mk IV kits? I'm no expert but I think more people would be likely to buy the kit with these tracks instead of the 5 piece per link tracks in the kit.

Erik

Money, why else?
philmmusic
Visit this Community
Solothurn, Switzerland
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 69 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 09:02 PM UTC
I still think this is a great kit... can't wait!!!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Erik

Money, why else?

I wonder if it might be that they saw the reaction to their tracks and the praise for Tamiya's and decided to respond with their own counterpart. Too late to change their kit. All we're seeing is bow art, so it might be a pretty recent development.
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 10:53 PM UTC
I hope the grousers are included in the track set, even though it doesn't actually seem so. Perhaps a separate set will come.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 02:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Erik

Money, why else?

I wonder if it might be that they saw the reaction to their tracks and the praise for Tamiya's and decided to respond with their own counterpart. Too late to change their kit. All we're seeing is bow art, so it might be a pretty recent development.

You might be right, in fact, I hope that you are. I guess that I've just grown cynical over the years. Al
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 05:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmm makes sense, that didn't cross my mind.

Erik
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 06:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Erik

Money, why else?

If that is the case, then Takom actually deserve a great deal of credit for listening to feedback. I like manufacturers that listen to feedback.

Besides, it is not a particularly strange thing that manufacturers release separate sets with track links for theirs (and other) kits, many others have done the same.
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 592 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 05:22 AM UTC
Sven makes a very good point. Also when we first saw pictures of Takoms Male and Female I seem to remember them showing the workable tracks anyway.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 05:27 AM UTC
As the vehicle model has not been released as yet they may yet include them in the box instead of the multi-part offerings. They also still have a market for the AM tracks for the 1000's of Emhar kits that are out there.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 05:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As the vehicle model has not been released as yet they may yet include them in the box instead of the multi-part offerings. They also still have a market for the AM tracks for the 1000's of Emhar kits that are out there.

The Takom IVs are out in Japan now. HLJ and Hobbysearch have them listed as in stock
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 07:31 AM UTC
I was not aware of that. then perhaps future production runs.
 _GOTOTOP