_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Military Personnel For My Comic Series
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Armorama: 900 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 12:55 AM UTC

Greetings dear Armorama buddies and site visitors.
And my apologies to the moderators if this has to be relocated elsewhere. My topic does however apply to armor and models.

I'm looking for :
Volunteers with any past or current military involvement/background to appear in my upcoming Comic Book Series as either a cameo or recurring character. Email me and we can discuss the possibilities and restrictions if any. The photos of confirmed participants will be converted by an artist to suit the style of the comic.
If you are keen but do not have the above mentioned background, just email me as there are more characters still in development.

Where possible, the nature of the characters in the story will reflect those involved in real life.
Thus there is a major battle sequence involving US Marine M1A1 tanks in the story which will feature a former tank commander "reprising" his role. (pictured)
Already on board are a few active and former US Marines, a couple of local friends and a few of my lady friends from the Republic of Georgia.

Also, our very own "Matte Black" will be playing one of the lead characters, and his custom motorcycle will be making a cameo.

Who we are :
Me - Nicholas Andrew.
My cousin, his boss and team members from the School of Design of a local Polytechnic in Singapore.
Since last year, we have been working very hard to develop and incorporate both a Comic Book Series and an accompanying series of Model Kits. We are indeed your ultimate Nerd group.

"Elohim"
Overview :
The plot is what you think it's going to be.
And isn't...
It features multinational characters from a diverse range of cultural and personal backgrounds, simultaneously functioning within, across and beyond the continents of the world, throughout the course of an expanding series.

The series is targeted to span over a period of 5 years in order to justly depict this original universe in its entirety.
So yes, there is a definite ending.

An official website and dedicated email will be initiated by October.
Further details will be released later. In the mean time, there are hints in my drawings below. (pictured)

Artwork :
My team and I will work closely with the artists to ensure the key aspects of the graphic features remain true to my vision, and in that I refer to realistically rendered graphic designs that will reflect the environmental settings, characters and general atmosphere of the themes and context of the main plot.

Rating :
Somewhere above PG-13 and mostly "R" and upwards.

What's Not in the Comic:
No funky colored spandex super heroes with their underwear displayed on the outside, no giant talking robots, no Jar Jar Binks impersonators, no raving mad space hamsters with laser guns, and no skimpy bikini girls with big guns....well at least not unrealistically big guns.
But just like real life, there will definitely be enough eye candy for both genders, regardless of your preference.

Funding :
Mainly via Kickstarter - crowd funding in the US around the end of this year or early next year. Thus the Comic and Models will officially be released as a US launch with its development and production based in Singapore.

Model Kits:
The kits are an equal and definite part of the merchandising that will be revealed together with the content and characters in the Comic once it is up on Kickstarter, and will feature a variety of kit packaging formats of figures and vehicles available in at least two scales: 1/35 and 1/72. I have also opted to utilize the interchangeable elements of war-gaming miniatures.

More concept artwork and further details on the model kits will be released in due time.

Email me at [email protected]

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 02:26 AM UTC
Interesting concept. Do you have any plans for an animated series, or film franchises? Or will that depend on the comics' popularity? Good luck on the project.
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 09:01 AM UTC
Hi Biggles and thank you,

We did think about developing a 3D movie locally, but many factors made us decide on the comic. We wanted interesting model kits, I wanted some real people as actors, and we wanted to tell my story in its entirety.

Actually it is everyone's story..

If the comic is a success, surely we will develop a 3D animated movie for the fans, but the comics and models are the emphasis.
I do not want it as an animated series since I will lose much of the content of the story and interactiveness of its "potential fans" as well as the real "actors". And I do not want to be subject to a fad either.

Once the campaign starts on Kickstarter and You and Others like the ideas and concepts of the comic and the models, then help us make this a Franchise!
Cuny12
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 378 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 03:06 PM UTC
Interesting Concept Nick I look forward to more details, the model kits you have planned sound very interesting If the story centres around an M1 Does this mean we might have another M1 Kit in the pipeline.

Cheers Ben.
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 04:17 PM UTC
Thanks Benjamin, let's just say that there's lots of armor. And that there's variations regarding the M1 tank.
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 - 02:59 AM UTC
This is the first one that I'm going to mess with over the next months.

AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 06:59 PM UTC
Greetings everyone, sorry no real visual updates yet.
5 chapters of the comic has been written, the dialogue and pages visually laid out.
Concept art still in process.
Website should be up this month.
Facebook page is up with a generic banner.
The banner for Chapter 1 should be up end this month.
Please take a visit and Like my Elohim Page on Facebook. There is a generic synopsis of the story in the ABOUT section.
Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elohim/1560162727584174?sk=timeline
 _GOTOTOP