Hosted by Darren Baker
Leopard 1A5DK UN
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 208 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 06:30 AM UTC
I used the Meng kit with Legend conversion and leopard workshop decals.
I hope I did something realistic with the white painting...I choose this version because of the funny decals...
I'm wondering if there would be other kits (oob would be the best) that can be painted this way (I just found the trumpy italian Puma)

pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 451 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 06:37 AM UTC
Mmm, that's very nice. I'm just starting to think that a white UN vehicle might be a nice idea.

Quoted Text

I'm wondering if there would be other kits (oob would be the best) that can be painted this way (I just found the trumpy italian Puma)

There are loads - almost anything modern and European. The Tamiya Leclerc and Heller or Meng AMX-30 and AUF1 would be good starting points. And the Trumpeter Centauro - I think one boxing even has a white finish.
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 05:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mmm, that's very nice. I'm just starting to think that a white UN vehicle might be a nice idea.

Quoted Text

There are loads - almost anything modern and European. The Tamiya Leclerc and Heller or Meng AMX-30 and AUF1 would be good starting points. And the Trumpeter Centauro - I think one boxing even has a white finish.

Thank you!
I will try to found some decals and pics to make one or another, I surely will start with the Puma.
maxim37
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 08:27 PM UTC
Wow nice job on the u.n albino kitty.Michael shackleton and the guys at the Leopard club will like this!!.
Great work from Richard
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2014 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow nice job on the u.n albino kitty.Michael shackleton and the guys at the Leopard club will like this!!.
Great work from Richard

Do you think I should send them some pics?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 06:06 AM UTC
Very nice Leo Raphaël. One point though, the convoy shield at the rear of the tank should be dark green (almost black) and not red as you painted it

Olivier
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 06:26 AM UTC
Raphael,
I had a feeling that sooner or later a UN vehicle was bound to arrive on the scene ... and what a wonderful job you've done with that white paint job!

--mike
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 06:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice Leo Raphaël. One point though, the convoy shield at the rear of the tank should be dark green (almost black) and not red as you painted it

Olivier

On the UNPROFOR Danish Leopard 1A5DK with those particular markings the convoy marker had been repainted red.
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 06:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Olivier

On the UNPROFOR Danish Leopard 1A5DK with those particular markings the convoy marker had been repainted red.

Yes, I used the pics provided with the decals for the painting.
Phael_minis
Visit this Community
France
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 06:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Raphael,
I had a feeling that sooner or later a UN vehicle was bound to arrive on the scene ... and what a wonderful job you've done with that white paint job!

--mike

Thank you!
you can't imagine how easy it is : white X1 painting and then black pin wash with oil. Some pigments on the wheels and side skirts, and that's it! It must be one of the fastest painting I have ever done...
mshackleton
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 559 posts
Armorama: 517 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 07:15 AM UTC
Hi Raphael
It's nice to see my markings on a finished model. Thank you for using them and thanks for your support.

Good job. I'm going to build Road Runner soon I hope.

Cheers
Michael Shackleton
www.leopardclub.ca
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 08:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It seems there always is an exception to the rule
Thanks for the input Jason.
 _GOTOTOP