_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
200mm Special Forces Figure
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 05:40 AM UTC
200mm Special Forces Figure

I am unfamiliar with the face cheeks ballistic pads as I've never seen photos of this. I thought most soldiers would wear the maxillofacial shield as the Live-Resin figure. Anyone who knows care to comment? Would this figure pass as U.S. or U.K. Special Ops? Also, is that pouch on the back of the waist above the posterior a magazine pouch? The figure seems to lack vest pouches for ammo---I kind of thought Special Forces soldiers were often "loaded for bear."

Thanks in advance.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 06:13 AM UTC

Strange...how that reminds me of "300"..there is just a "ballistic" nose piece missing....and we are back with Leonidas, aren't we!

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 06:29 AM UTC
Some info here: link

Mario
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 06:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Strange...how that reminds me of "300"..there is just a "ballistic" nose piece missing....and we are back with Leonidas, aren't we!

LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing!

Yes, I can see where the cheek flaps would help to prevent facial injury, but I read an article in which future soldiers would be wearing a maxillofacial shield to give the helmet more of a "motorcycle look" (no word yet on NBC protection). Good thing those cheek flaps are optional on the figure.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 08:54 AM UTC

Are we heading in the right direction here, I wonder!

Heavy infantry versus light troops......a longtime discussion with good points on either side!

If we make the troops carry extra weight for an ephemeral "protection", where does that end?.....is a complete protection possible?....and still Taliban in their traditional costume will inflict casualties with home made copies of Kalashnikovs and RPGs....and every time one of the hitech soldiers is hit, the media will report the tragedy, forgetting that war means casualties, no matter what we do. The only servicemen safe are the ones remotely operating our drones. This however does not win a war!

Cheers

Romain

black55
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 09:26 AM UTC
Figure is based on actual photo . Here is link :
http://i.imgur.com/l6cCF6R.jpg
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 12:02 PM UTC
I received a parts photo closeup of the torso and it has three 20-round magazines sticking out of a large center MOLLE vest pouch (like a Kangaroo pouch), so the figure does come with SCAR reloads but no individual (M4) vest ammo pouches. Two pistol magazines are also molded onto the torso.

Thanks, Maciek and Mario, for the reference photos.

The torso casting looks very crisp.
 _GOTOTOP