_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Can this weapon station be used on M-atv mrap
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 04:27 AM UTC
I just saw on Live Resin website that they have released a new weapon station for
HMMWV and M-ATV , it is called RCWS Remote controlled weapon station for Hmmwv and M-atv , can this be used on a M-ATV? It looks a little like a future thing, has it ever been used on a M-atv mrap in military service?
Thankful for any help...

Here is a link to the live resi kit: http://models-hobby.com/featured-products/remote-controlled-weapon-station-for-hmmwv-and-m-atv.html

Hope the link will work...
Leopard-2
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 04:47 AM UTC
Those two new weapon stations by Live Resin are fictional. When i saw the first Images i was like "What the whatever? Looks great!" until i read "Designed by Live Resin". So the answer if you can use it or not is totally up to the result you want to Archive (realistic or "What if?").

Coincidentally i thought about doing a Sci-Fi-What-If? Project with one of my M1A2 SEPs just a few days before Live Resin announced those weapon stations. What i imagined was a pretty run-down tank in the Terminator universe some years after judgement day. The design of the weapon stations seems to fit in that scenario nearly perfectly.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 04:57 AM UTC
Thanks for the fast answer, then it was like i thought... It will probebly look very cool on the M-atv but i will build mine in US Afghanistan service...
But maybe i can buy one anyway to put on a future Mrap...
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 12:09 PM UTC
I bought one to put on a "what If" Swedish recce vehicle based on the S-Tank. Lose the 105, rearrange the engine, add the weapon station and possibly add a door for a small dismount section. Not sure if I'll lengthen the hull or ditch the dismount for a mast mounted instrument pod.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP