Hosted by Darren Baker
Why dont we have update set to Bronco Buffalo
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 09:53 AM UTC
Is it only me that think we should have a nice update/detail set for Bronco model
Buffalo mpcv kits? I have now looked on the photos from Robert Skipper nice details photo and there are a lot of things that aftermarket company could do...
All the interior parts that missing and uppgrade the crane with so many things...
And so on...
The only update sets i have found are the old Voyager set+ the antenna set and rein wheels and the small blast set that is not so many parts inside anyway that are usefull...
So what do you guys and girls think we should need for this model?
So come on Legend production, Real model... Or any other company... Give us a real update set for this wonderful kit!
henkp
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,080 posts
Armorama: 1,064 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 10:24 PM UTC
http://www.realmodel.cz/images/stories/rma%2035265.jpg

real model comes with a engine don't know when it's come's out

henk
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 10:47 PM UTC
It`s maybe a time problem. When you consider all the recent releases, maybe AM companies focus on the main selling subjects
- World War 2. I have thought that Legend Producctions would have released an update set fro the Kinetic MaxxPro, using existing components of their resin MaxxPro. On the other hand, who knows how modelling companies do their research? Maybe some companies don`t know about Robert Skippers Photo CD`s. On the oher hand,I know some companies that think that in times of internet, every reference should be for free.
Be patient as always, time will tell.
H.-H.
Kallisti
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 11:02 PM UTC
I'd love to see some AM sets for this, particularly a conversion to British version otherwise I'm going to have to do it myself and building that amount of British-stlye bar armour is a PITA - not that I haven't built that stuff a couple of times before, but it does get a bit old after a while...
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 12:31 AM UTC
Over the past few weeks I did meet with Lee from Legend Productions for a total of six hours. I think we discussed model related subjects for exactly two minutes. Even so, I DO have all of the latest and greatest mods on my reference "CD." Let's see what happens...
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 04:14 AM UTC
So maybe we can have a update set for the kit... Lets hope so!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 10:24 AM UTC
The AM sets, especially photo etch, sometimes take some months to hit the market. Unless the PE maker is working in partnership with the styrene maker, the PE designers would need time to build the model and see what can be improved.

But we modelers want everything RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 11:15 AM UTC
It's going to have to be a pretty comprehensive resin set, not just PE. Perfect for Legend.
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 10:31 PM UTC
Hi Bill, i dont want it to be released directly... But the Buffalo kit is now quite old, since the first version was released and also the one with slat armour is almost 6 months already...
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2014 - 12:10 AM UTC
Lion Roar has had quite a substantial etch set available for some time, which includes all the bar armour (which probably is not really needed in the latest releases with the lovely birdcages moulded in plastic, but the other parts in this set are certainly useful).
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2014 - 12:50 AM UTC
Didn't Blast Models release a set for the first Buffalo model?
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2014 - 04:40 AM UTC
Sven i know of that set, i was going to buy it just before bronco released the slat armour version...
Olivier, yes blast models released a set for the buffalo but it is not so big and it is not so many parts to use for the slat armour version but the parts are very nice like all other blast set...

I just have to wait and hope that legend maybe could do a update set from Robert skippers reference cd...
 _GOTOTOP