_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
WWP book Buffalo mpcv , any good?
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 06:33 AM UTC
Does anyone here have the WWP Buffalo mpcv book? Is it any good, can you recomend it?
Also do you know any more reference books, website with the Buffalo mpcv?

I already have Robert skippers great reference photos but i looking for more reference photos...

So any suggestions would be fine
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 07:30 AM UTC
Here you go: review on Armorama

Mario
dinovision79
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2014 - 09:54 AM UTC
Hi!

The book has lots of details, but IMO it covers mostly what is not needed to be updated on the Bronco kit.
The photos were taken of trainig vechicles in quite different configuration, than real combat vechicles, with lots of rust and mud on, obviously not in desert conditions, so not too helpful on weathering either (except a few photos).
The vechicles have different side engine grills and no serial number on the back of the chassis, so they seem to be early versions, but with led floodlights, air hoose on the crane, which are later modifications.
The interior details are nice, but eg. the dashboard is completely different of what I've seen. I hoped for info on electronics configuration in the interior - what I find the most difficult to figure out seeing different racks and devices, national variations (if any?) and the complex hydraulics on the crane.

All in all, a good book, but it did not give me the definiate answers I was looking for.

Hope it helps!
Denes
 _GOTOTOP