_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Converting Existing Figures
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 12:54 PM UTC
Sorry if this question has been answered already. It's another U.S. uniform question.

Today, I see U.S. soldiers wear either ALL ACU or ALL Multicam camouflage. Has there been any instances where U.S. soldiers still wear BDU or DCU pants and shirts with ACU torsos? I don't recall seeing any photos of such a uniform mismatch. I'm asking because I wonder if it's possible to upgrade those old DML figures (DCU and BDU) with the latest resin torsos and vest pouches, and if so, would the MOLLE torsos and vest pouches be in ACU or woodland camouflage? Or should I just stick with only upgrading those plastic kits with ACU uniforms?

Thanks in advance.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 01:31 PM UTC
No, mixing of ACUs with any other uniform is not authorized.
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 02:12 AM UTC
Depending on the time frame you wouldn't be wrong with the mix 'n match MOLLE pouches and Interceptor OTV if you want to depict Marines, in '06 in Fallujah my body armor was coyote with a woodland throat protector and groin protector. I was also issued one or two woodland mag pouches and a woodland e-tool carrier. You saw a lot of personally procured pouches in differing shades of 'coyote' tan and the knee and elbow pads in my unit alone were woodland, coyote, black, and olive green (we were issued the green, but guys purchased their own). The Army units we encountered at Camp Fallujah were mostly MP's, but their gear all matched -- ACU pattern.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 05:32 AM UTC
Thanks, guys.

I'm basically wondering if it's possible to use the Live-Resin update sets for the old DML modern U.S. figures. I think the Live-Resin sets are only meant for ACU figures, and not BDU or DCU figures.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 06:57 AM UTC
If you are talking about the Live-Resin IOTV-clad torso, no, they would not go with the older legs and arms unless you add lower calf and upper shoulder pockets to them to make them ACUs. The IOTV vest is only seen in ACU digital pattern camo.

The MOLLE and other gear pouch sets by Live-Resin can be used with older IBA and MOLLE vests, the pouches haven't really changed.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 10:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you are talking about the Live-Resin IOTV-clad torso, no, they would not go with the older legs and arms unless you add lower calf and upper shoulder pockets to them to make them ACUs. The IOTV vest is only seen in ACU digital pattern camo.

The MOLLE and other gear pouch sets by Live-Resin can be used with older IBA and MOLLE vests, the pouches haven't really changed.

Thanks again, Gino. You answered my questions perfectly, exactly what I was looking for.
 _GOTOTOP