_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NVA Soldiers Needed
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 08:17 AM UTC
I am looking for two NVA soldiers to man a hiodden MG position in the jungle. The figures will ideally be in a standing position watching as an American patrol approaches. The figures will be used with one of a selection of period Soviet MG's. The NVA figures will not really be seen in the wood and mud made position with fauna growing on it, this does mean in theory at least that I could use any figures but I would like to get it right if possible.
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hello Darren,

For at least one of the figures you could use the figure with the silenced MAT49 from Bravo 6's NVA Counter SOG team. Just use different hands. You could also do a conversion of the Dragon NVA Sapper who is preparing to throw a grenade by changing his arms. I can think of a few more figures, too. The "Low Level Hell" diorama that was on Armorama could serve as an inspiration for a MG team.

Cheers,
James
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 07:14 AM UTC
Thank you for the info James.
Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 02:15 AM UTC
Hi Darren,

like James said the Diorama from csago is awsome and you see how you can use the Dragon NVA/VA FIgure sets.
For Conversions the Dragon and Masterbox Figures are fantastic. To get an MG Crew you can easily Change arms, legs and Change heads with hortnet ones. This improve the qualiy alot.

Here is the link to his library of this Diorama:

csago low Level hell

If you look for VC/NVA FIgures there are some aviable:

Here we go;
Dragon: NVA Sapper Team
Warriors: NVA Tank crew set, NVA Regular
Verlinden: Vietnamese Civilians, Vietnam Child and father with elephant, VC running and One dead VC+a captured one as set and the two VC/civilians with boats.
ADV/AZIMUT: Vietnam Civilians 1970, Vietcong 1971
Andrea Miniatures: seated Vietnamese girl (54mm)
Masterbox: Charlie on the left Figure set (two VC Figures), Patroling Vietnam (one female includet)
Bravo-6: VC line of Figures
MaiM Models has also some VC Figures and also an water buffalo.

Hope this helps

Stefan
 _GOTOTOP