_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
ACE Sopwith Camel under construction
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:33 AM UTC
Hi!

This is my real debut on Armorama. There are some photos of my "Sopwith Camel" guntruck. It's based on AFV Club M35A1 with Eduard and Aber (guns) photoetched parts.
Please give me info if anything is made wrong

I hope you enjoyed
Piotr
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:45 AM UTC
Well all right How are the ABER guns to work with. They look great. It seems to appear that it is coming together very well. One thing is the mirrors are the wrong type. It had the West coast type mirrors like on Gunnies model. I have one photo of this truck in my copy of the Hard Ride by James Lyles. I will scan it and post i in my gallery for you. Also the extra tie downs on the side of the cargo bed (three to a side)that you have added I think wee not there also.
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well all right How are the ABER guns to work with. They look great. It seems to appear that it is coming together very well. One thing is the mirrors are the wrong type. It had the West coast type mirrors like on Gunnies model. I have one photo of this truck in my copy of the Hard Ride by James Lyles. I will scan it and post i in my gallery for you. Also the extra tie downs on the side of the cargo bed (three to a side)that you have added I think wee not there also.

Yes, I took mirrors from original kit and don't have any replacement but I can rework only mounts. Will it be OK to keep these mirrors with new mounts?
Thanks for your advices I'll be waiting for photo.
Piotr
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 09:15 AM UTC
It might be better to use the small set of mirrors that came with the AFV kit. They may have had them on at one time. I know from experiance that we replace our mirrors on a regular basis.
As you can see from this picture the truck has been painted black with a white stripe on the front fenders. They did not have the 8th Gp. trademark yellow nose when this truck was in service. The truck was green originally and repainted black in 1968.
PiotrS
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As you can see from this picture the truck has been painted black with a white stripe on the front fenders. They did not have the 8th Gp. trademark yellow nose when this truck was in service. The truck was green originally and repainted black in 1968.

Thank you! Now I have proof that this truck existed :-) I was afraid it can be one of TW2000 projects :-)
On cargo bed sides there's something like my tie downs so I'll keep them.
If you ever come to Poland contact me, I have for you
 _GOTOTOP