_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Hobby Boss: Canadian Leopard Fix
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 - 02:29 PM UTC

An update from Hobby Boss has the correct machine gun now mounted on the upcoming Leopard 2A4.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 - 03:33 PM UTC
Nice!
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 05:15 AM UTC
I will be buying this new kit Leopard 2A4 CAN, my only modern kit in my vast collection.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 - 08:51 PM UTC
It seems this kit has not MCS Barracuda, it's a pity. Need to use some PE netting or go with another kit and a resin conversion for Afghanistan.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It seems this kit has not MCS Barracuda, it's a pity. Need to use some PE netting or go with another kit and a resin conversion for Afghanistan.

In reality the Canadian Leopard 2A4M CANs with Barracuda and slat armour only served in Afghanistan for the final tour between December 2010 and July 2011.

Neither the Barracuda or slat is mounted in Canada for peacetime training so it would be a far more common version to see.

You won't get the proper Barracuda effect if you simply added PE netting. The PSM 2A4M CAN Barracuda conversion is outstanding if you want to go that route but it takes a lot more work.

As an FYI...Hobby Boss is still working on correcting other details on this kit hence the delay in release.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 01:13 PM UTC
Great attitude from HB, they definitely have my money.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 01:15 PM UTC
Is it me or the loader's hatch in the opened position is ill-depicted?

Olivier
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 02:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

In reality the Canadian Leopard 2A4M CANs with Barracuda and slat armour only served in Afghanistan for the final tour between December 2010 and July 2011.

Neither the Barracuda or slat is mounted in Canada for peacetime training so it would be a far more common version to see.

You won't get the proper Barracuda effect if you simply added PE netting. The PSM 2A4M CAN Barracuda conversion is outstanding if you want to go that route but it takes a lot more work.

As an FYI...Hobby Boss is still working on correcting other details on this kit hence the delay in release.

Thank you Jason for those precisions.

For making MCS Barracuda with the PE netting it requires to cut it in several pieces and make the bottom layer before glue it.
To much complicated so I think I will go with PSM conversion.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 09:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is it me or the loader's hatch in the opened position is ill-depicted?

Olivier

Yes, the hatch is shown in both the open and close position at the same time...it's only a CAD drawing. Hobby Boss has been well educated on the errors in their design and it looks like they are investing time and energy in correcting issues and adding further details. There are newer CAD drawings that what has been posted.
 _GOTOTOP