_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Instructor's chair
cutigerfan
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 03:28 AM UTC
Hey guys, does anyone know if there's a company that makes the instructors chair that sets atop the Merkavas when their training? Personally, Ithis would be such a great addition. However, I don't know of any such company that produces it. Right now the only option would be to scratch build one. I do have the book "IDF Armoured Vehicles" which have serval decent photos of it. Also, does anyone know if there's a 1/35th scale drawing of the chair that can be found on the internet? Thanks for any help!
Gotrek58
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 04:00 AM UTC
Hi Tony,
I don't know, neither this one I bought years ago for a Centurion is the same type of chair you are looking for, nor if it's still available on the market:

Michael
cutigerfan
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 05:06 AM UTC
Thanks Micheal, yes that's exactly what I'm looking for. However, I believe that A.E.F Designs are no longer in business. So actually trying to find one is probably next to impossible. But at least, you showed me that they were made at some point. You certainly have a great piece in your stash!
Gotrek58
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 06:09 AM UTC
Look for Legend LF1109; there's not only a KMT-adapter, but also the instructor chair for the Magach 6B. I think it's what you are looking for and in a better condition than the AEF seat.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=LF1109

Michael
cutigerfan
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 06:27 AM UTC
Michael, you're the hero of the day my friend! I've checked both lucky models as well as sprue brothers and bot are out of stock. But, at least I know where and who makes the chair! Thank you again sir!
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 - 05:27 AM UTC
AEF Designs was in business (if you can call it that) at the beginning of the year. He is slow to communicate and not great on follow through. My order did finally show up but the quality of the molding/details is below average for resin after market parts.

If you can connect with him, and use a credit card, he runs his transactions through a hobby shop in his area. So if a transaction shows up on your credit card that isn't AEF but is in the Colorado, USA area that would be the AEF transaction.
 _GOTOTOP