_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Techniques
Diorama techniques and related subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
airbrushing camoflage on armour.
MATTTOMLIN
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 431 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 11:59 PM UTC
hey all , when i do my wirbel wind i am going to have amy first try at airbrusign the camoflauge, are there any tricks or special techniues to doing this for a first timer, thnx

matt
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 12:31 AM UTC
2 Ways. Among this two the best thing to do is practice. Try using water color first then try spraying on a piece of paper making the camo.

When I do my camo, I first paint the entire kit with the color which it is more dominant.

1. Soft Camo - done only with the movement of your hand and the edges will blend with the base color.
2 Hard Camo - done by masking some parts to make the edges of the camo pattern more visible.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:33 AM UTC
For masking camo use bluetack. Its the stuff teachers use in schools to hang pictures on the walls. No residue, conforms to shapes. and is easy to work with! Dont know what its called where you come from, but I think you should have it or the equivelent. Its blue in colour! I saw this method used recently and was very impressed. Spray away from the edges, then it is less likely to bleed underneath! Just make long sausages and place these where your camo print will be.
 _GOTOTOP