_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
New model from my hand
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 792 posts
Armorama: 314 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 04:51 AM UTC
Howdy all ,

First i wish every one a happy new year !!!!!!!

In my short x-mas holiday i've build this litte tank .
The tracks are ordered so i have to wait for those to arrive from Japan in due time .
Never the less i wanted you show it .
It is not painted yet ( It will be this weekend )

Hope you like it

Till later..

Eric

garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:05 AM UTC
Thats going to be a great looking little tank !
What kit and tank is this by the way ?
I'm liking it!

Cheers,
Garry
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,127 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:06 AM UTC
wow, very nice,

what is it, i know its french, but my knowledge of french armour is rather limited, but it looks like a great little model already,

cheers

joe
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:26 AM UTC
I think its a hotchkiss (probably wrong spelling as well). If it is this, Steve Zaloga did a build up of it in a Military modelling a short while ago. With a little work this is a lovely little tank. I think he made it into a captured German vehicle.
And another fine example of it again. Nice one Eric. Did you see the Zaloga article. Im sure it had a template included as well for the skid at the back. Is this a heller kit? What finish will you give it? Im tempted now into buying one of these!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:13 AM UTC
Interesting looking tank. It looks like the French light tank from Heller, the H-35/39. I have a Heller S-35 and it resembles that tank, but is the medium tank and not the light tank.

I have the On The Mark Models photo etched trench skid for the Hotchkiss H-35 or H-39 light tank. It is set #TMP-3522. I bought it for use on the S-35 but then realized that the S-35 and H-35 are entirely different vehicles. Oh well, live and learn.
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 07:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thats going to be a great looking little tank !
What kit and tank is this by the way ?
I'm liking it!

Cheers,
Garry

Garry ,

It is the Heller kit...with a little rework..

hth
Eric
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 07:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think its a hotchkiss (probably wrong spelling as well). If it is this, Steve Zaloga did a build up of it in a Military modelling a short while ago. With a little work this is a lovely little tank. I think he made it into a captured German vehicle.
And another fine example of it again. Nice one Eric. Did you see the Zaloga article. Im sure it had a template included as well for the skid at the back. Is this a heller kit? What finish will you give it? Im tempted now into buying one of these!

PB ,
The reason that i build this tank was due to that article . I had this tank on the shelf for over a year now and could nor decide what to do with it . So after reading the article i decided to make a copy of it as far as my skill can take me . So i hope it will all succeed.

Greetz
Eric
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 07:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Interesting looking tank. It looks like the French light tank from Heller, the H-35/39. I have a Heller S-35 and it resembles that tank, but is the medium tank and not the light tank.

I have the On The Mark Models photo etched trench skid for the Hotchkiss H-35 or H-39 light tank. It is set #TMP-3522. I bought it for use on the S-35 but then realized that the S-35 and H-35 are entirely different vehicles. Oh well, live and learn.

Sabot,

I saw also the photo etched parts but i wanted to build as cheap as possible ( as usual )
So i used the template in the Zaloga article and used my power tool. ( i made a lot of over time with this model ) Further more i took some leftover etched parts for previous German models i made and used them on this model . The only thing i had to buy are the tracks çause the original soft tracks are horrible........

This is a conversion to a H-39 with skid , as you examine the contents of the box more closely you will find two different rear parts in the box !! So the next model i will buid will be the H-35 with the short barrel and without the skid. I have alredy a very nice picture that will make a very attractive little diorama.

HTH

Eric
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 08:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So after reading the article i decided to make a copy of it as far as my skill can take me . So i hope it will all succeed.

I have a sneaking suspicion you will succeed Eric. You´re most of the way there already!
nfafan
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 09:54 AM UTC
FWIW - Heller is re-releasing their Renault R35 "stablemate" to this H35. These 2 were their best kits, the S35 seems to have much softer details. Too bad they never did the CharB.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 10:55 AM UTC
You are doing a very good job on this model. It is very unusual and I like it. What type of tracks are you going to use on this beauty?
demodelbouwer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 09:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You are doing a very good job on this model. It is very unusual and I like it. What type of tracks are you going to use on this beauty?

Animal ,

I will use the modelkasten tracks.................

Eric
 _GOTOTOP