_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern Armor
Modern armor in general.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter 1/35 Type 69II Tank Iraqi (00321)
tjo018
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 10:34 PM UTC

chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 03:51 AM UTC
210 views with out a reply... I see a theme here with your builds. The early Trumpeter T series was a real blessing for the company but not so much for us modellers.

If you take your time on these builds it will yield great results. The wheels aren't making contact with the ground, the smoke grenades are pointed in the wrong direction, the headlight mounts should be square on the fender, not at an angle. Also, take care when painting; you have a lot of over spray and in some areas like the inner wheels there is no paint.
Finally try some weathering techniques to help your finish. Washes, dry brushing, pre shading, and tonal differences all can make a difference. On your next kit why not try a better kit like the Tamiya T-55 or Trumpy BMP-1? The early Trumpeter T-series were more toy-like than static model.

Welcome to Armorama! I hope my comments are helpful I mean no offense and model on man...

Chris
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 06:08 AM UTC
I'll add my comment too.
First of all, I'll also say welcome to Armorama!

Back to the model, I suggest you to pay some attention to the molding seams, and try to sand them a bit...
Trumpeter T-55/59/etc. kits are relly hard bones, but cheap enough to try and learn some modelling and painting techniques.

Here you will find people with great skills -not me, LOL- so you may learn a lot from their work.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 08:54 AM UTC
Hi TJ;
I also want too Welcome you to our Club !

First let me say is Don't Let Comments Upset you and Take this as A Learning Event. Chris & Hugo make Excellent Points, there trying to give you Hints on making your Models Better. As pointed out, Take your Time and Dry Fit all your parts before you Commit to Glue. Don't be Afraid too Ask Questions or for Help, this Hobby is suppose too be Fun. If you haven't already go too the Introduction Page and tell us about yourself, and if at all possible check into to see if there is A Club in your Area that you could join. All of us Hear are only able to give you advice on what you post, and if you are able and can afford it, try to invest into one of the How Too Books or Magazines these to will Help you Improve.
Keep Up the Good Work & Cheers. MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP