_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
KrAZ-255B - 1/25 by MiniManFactory
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 240 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 10:54 PM UTC
Hi ...

here is my next project which I am working on it already since a few days... It is the Russian Heavy Truck KrAZ-255B in scale 1/25 by MiniManFactory. It is a huge truck... a huge kit, full of resin parts, decals, photo etched parts, and more..... very clean parts with lot of details, not much cleaning necessary. Good kit, big kit, also expensive kit

See here the first pictures - from the beginning to the actual state....

that's it for now... next update soon

Cheers.
Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 06:08 AM UTC
The interior received the seats, as well as the pedals made of wire and pe-parts. The gearshift etc. is made of wire as the kit-parts were broken in the package. But no problem, this is easy to fix:

Next step was a big "correction" of a previous mistake which I made with the tires... the pattern of the tires is in different directions.... this is a mistake which is clearly visible at this truck as it has such uge wheels with very prominent pattern. Therefore I took the saw and removed the wrong wheels.... (both front wheels which caused most of the headache).... then I switched the wheels and used the spare wheel for the rear axle.... and fixed all wheels with pieces of thick wire, put in drilled holes so that the wheels are fitting perfectly now.... and the pattern is correct now

The cab is mounted, one door installed (the driver's door will be installed open later), then the engine hood was glued to the cab, also the driver's side engine cover. The 2nd engine cover was cut in three pieces, one was glued to the engine hood (and to the front grill which is made of PE-parts only), the 2nd small one to the cab. The part of the engine cover which is removable in original remains separately for the diorama later. Due to that the engine is clearly visibile so that I added some details, wires, ... to the wall between engine and cab......

Then I started a first painting in matt black on everything. The frame, the tanks, the tires and the rims remain black, these parts will receive some cloudy airbrush painting in several grey tones (dark- light greys) to make shadows and different colos of the black. The wheel houses front get, the steps, the cab will receive some rusty airbrush (cloudy, only partly) before the final paintings follow....

This is step 1 of many planed steps...

Cheers.
Micha
chukw1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 03:46 AM UTC
Fantastic! Looks like quite the kit- and you're making the most it. Cheers!
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 07:13 AM UTC
For that size and detail, it's not bad for around $210.00!

I've seen some 1/35 kits go for a lot more.

Jeff
BLACKWATER
Visit this Community
Yunnan, China / 简体
KitMaker: 449 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2014 - 03:39 AM UTC
Look forward to further progress, Cheers
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 11:37 PM UTC
Hi,
thanks a lot.
@ Jeff: Yes there are several 1/35 kits with more details, but this one is available only like this and - my opinion - it is a quite good kit, although it is not cheap. A good kit with potential by adding some further details
cheers
Michael
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 02:25 AM UTC
Once the black and brown paint is dry I have added some salt-water mixture on realistich places at the cab, the wheel houses and on the floor of the interior. As soon as the salt is dry the first layer of green is following with airbrush. Once also dry I have sprayed several layers of lightend and darkend green (base color) on the parts to give it a used look, looking as an older car with old paint....

Once the colors are dried I have removed the salt with a stiff brush.... now it looks like that:

... and put together....

Next steps are painting of the details, interior, painting the front bumper in white/red (also with the salt methode as above), then following oil color, pigments, rust, streaks of oil, water and rust, and so on ....

Cheers
Michael
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2014 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hello @ all...

UPDATE:

Finished engine - ready for installation:

The interior.... - missing: dust, sand, magazines....

Cab with new add on parts under the engine hood.... after a fist washing with dark brown oil color....

Front bumper.... after several layers of painting (black, brwon, salz, white, taped, salt, red, oil color dark brown)

Frame - after mounting the engine, the cooler, front bumper - after a first washing dark brwon oil color, after a layer of tamiya buff

... and all together - as it looks right now:

Now mud and dirt on the wheels, the frame, the wheel houses is following....

Cheers...
Micha
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 04:31 PM UTC
UPDATE:

Cheers,
Micha
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 06:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,
thanks a lot.
@ Jeff: Yes there are several 1/35 kits with more details, but this one is available only like this and - my opinion - it is a quite good kit, although it is not cheap. A good kit with potential by adding some further details
cheers
Michael

Hey Michael.

I think you took care of the detailing... nice work there. The size is most interesting and I like what you have done!

Jeff
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 04:18 PM UTC
Finished...:

... and black primed, rusty and woody colors sprayed over.... then salt added ....

... and same here .....

.... then painted in green ....

.... and some dust on the front windows.... first layer, 2nd one follows and makes some streaks on the window....

Cheers
Micha
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 07:13 PM UTC
Love that last picture.
elmarriachi
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 01:33 PM UTC
UPDATE

Outside mirrors are mounted, the barrels mounted with rope and received some leaking oils on each. The platform makes me worried a little bit as I am still thinking about what I could add more to make it a realistic optic.... Questions.....

1. - Now I have 6 wooden boxes. All on the plattform? Where would it be most realistic? How piled up?
2. - What else would be realistc and possible to put on the platform? Scene should play in and around Tschernobyl.....

Do you have any idea??

Then I started the driver.... a plastic figure from Italeri which will need some modification still. Here - the first parts glued together before made any modifications on it....

And now some pictures ....

Cheers.
Micha
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Friday, January 02, 2015 - 05:28 AM UTC
Looks great...
 _GOTOTOP