_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
US Tankers in Italy
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 04:02 PM UTC
I posted this over on ML; but thought I may be best posting it here, as well. I need to fill the two turret hatches for a Sherman in Italy. I have found that Nimix has two tankers, but they would require a lot of modification(arm positions, cut off the torso, possibly replace a hand). Does anyone know of other avenues? I have Dragon's US tankers in NW Europe, but am at a loss as to whether these will work. I did a Google search and was confused even more. This is a major transition for me; as I only researched Nazi Germany, prior to this. TIA
wedgetail53
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 658 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 05:23 PM UTC
Matt

I had a look through Concord's "US Tank Battles in North Africa and Italy", and the photos therein seem to indicate that the tank crew uniforms were the same as those in the DML set for NW Europe.

I have a set already assembled and ready to paint, so will be interested to compare notes.

regards

Rob
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - 06:31 PM UTC
Thanks, Rob.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 02:03 AM UTC
There wouldn't be any change as the uniform was standard. Even the Marines in the PTO used the basic tankers helmet and equipment.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 03:29 AM UTC
Thanks Russ.
Another problem is that the instructions to the kit they came with, don't include the figures. I had to look the box art up for anything related to colors. Just chalk it up to Dragon's norm.
 _GOTOTOP