_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
For those curious about my XXX Corp
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 10:20 AM UTC
As I stated I've been working on this collection for nearly 10 years. I still have a few kits In-progress. Been collecting kits that reflect those vehicles in the movie A Bridge Too Far

HERE IS MY XXX CORP ALL LINED UP (not the dio, just a display)

The only tank I have that was not in the movie A Bridge Too Far is the M32 ARV.

Feel free to ask any questions. My digital camera has limited ability but I will be more than happy to try to zoom on any vehicle.
Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
KitMaker: 651 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 10:29 AM UTC
D-day on a shelf...

hehehe... nice collection!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 10:35 AM UTC
Here is the Sherman Firefly Ic currently being built

Unfortunately I do not plan on being done by the time the Remeber Market Garden Campaign is over. My XXX Corp would have been a perfect fit.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 12:27 PM UTC
Shermie

A really great collection! You just might have the answer to a research question thats been causing me some problems. I'm building a dio for RMG showing advance units of 30 corp linking up with American units. I've been looking for the marking of the Irish Guard and the 2nd Household Cavalry. Any help you can give :-) :-) :-)

Wolfsix
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 01:33 PM UTC
thats a cool collection.
i just wacthed A Bridge Too Far yesterday on dvd.
plz post more pics of this ok
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 01:48 PM UTC
Very nice collection you've got there. I have a couple questions. I can't remember if you said this was in 1/35th or not. Seems to me it must be but I can't imagine having all those units lined up in 1/35. Second question, your jeep with the top up, did you make that top yourself and if not what kit is it from?

Once again, great XXX Corp you've got.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 02:19 PM UTC
Sorry Wolf, my XXX Corp does not carry authentic XXX Corp markings. I know nothing about that. I just build tanks

HalfYank. Yes those are 1/35. If you look carefully you can make out DML Firefly Vc, Italeri M4A1 76mm, Tamiya Daimler Scouts, Italeri Jeeps. The covered jeep is one of the Italeri options.

It is my goal to make that dio just before XXX Corp breaks out. Not seem are the dozen or so troopers/tankers not attached to the vehicles
nj35thscale
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 03:17 PM UTC
Question????What kit or model number is the Sherman tanks bulldozer from??? And the small (name is forgotten right now) British Patrol car the one the high ranking guys drive in. What make and model is that kit wise of course. A.K.A who made it?? Thanks
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 03:59 PM UTC
The tank is a straight from the box Tamiya M4A3 but I switched the rubberband duckbilled tracks on the Tamiya with those on the non-duckbilled Italeri.. The blade is the Verlinden M1 Dozer resin accessory. It is difficult to find. Resicast has an M1 Dozer that's supposed to be a good kit as well.

The 2 scout cars are Tamiya Daimler MKIIs, not the Humber Scout Car used by the Michael Caine character. Notice in the right Daimler the pin up girl posters plastered in the driver's compartment

Accurate Armor does make the Humber Scout car but it's US$80.00 (see link). It is under the category Wheeled WWII http://www.accurate-armour.com/aaproducts.cfm?CFID=373036&CFTOKEN=13350579&navlevel=1

_GOTOTOP