Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
PST 1/72 scale Soviet tank kits
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 04:11 PM UTC
Got a package from eBay containing three PST 1/72 scale Soviet armor kits. I ended up winning a T-54/54A and T-55 for $3.99 a piece and a KV-1E heavy tank for $1.25. I had first found PST kits at my LHS and grabbed a limited edition turretless tow tractor based on the IS-2M tank for $4.50. Since the IS-2MT looked pretty good, I decided to risk purchasing these high priced kits through eBay.

Glad I did, although the T-54/54A and T-55 are basically the same kit. The each kit comes with two upper turret halves and you use whichever one is called for in the instructions.

The KV-1E was bid on since it ended up being a whopping $1.25 and would only add 25¢ to the total shipping ($5 for 1st kit, 25¢/additional kit). The majority of this kit is molded in the same bright green that the T-54/55 are but the up armored KV-1E turret is molded in a dark gray. I think I'll build this one first.

I bought these through Alanger out of Massachusetts. Three 1/72 scale armor kits for $15 or so isn't too shabby.
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:10 AM UTC
I've done alot of business with Alanger, and have never been disappointed. I've also picked up a number of 1/72 PST kits, focusing mainly on softskins that I can show next to 1/72 aircraft (see PMZ Firetruck)

Very nice kits, IMO
Mika
Cactus911
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 05:09 AM UTC
I just bought a boatload of models from the Alanger.us website. They are currently having a 55% off sale! Coupled with the range of subjects, the low shipping ($5 plus .25 per additional model) and the quick turnaround for me (it only took 5 days, including a weekend, to get here), it is hard to beat. I haven't done an extensive lookover of the PST model kits, but the ones I have seen builtup are quite nice (for example, check out http://www.ontheway.us). I am quite happy with my experience buying from them.

Stephen
Cactus911
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 02:41 PM UTC
Just to follow up, I did a build of their ISU-152 this weekend and I'm extremely impressed. I'm considering putting it up in my gallery since it is one of my first that I'm comfortable with the build quality, the painting, and the weathering. Now just to get all those tiny link-and-length tracks together without making a mess of it!

Stephen
 _GOTOTOP