_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Post-war Czech vehicles: what shade of green?
melbar16
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 07:41 AM UTC
Hello all
I'm working on a Czech built SU-100 at the moment. I'm using that pretty average kit from Zvezda. Anyways, that aside, I haven't been able to get any information about what shade of green was used on Czech armour in the post war years 1946-58, we shall say. Can anyone shed some light on this? It would appear to be an olive green... very different from the Soviet green
If you know the shade of green based on the based on the Tamiya acrylic range, that would be a huge help!
Thank you all and happy modelling
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 - 01:55 PM UTC
Hi Doug,

Since nobody has come up with an answer in a month, I'd say you're free to use your judgement. I've taken a look at a bunch of Google images. How about Tamiya XF-58 Olive Green?
melbar16
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2014 - 04:04 PM UTC
Hey SSGToms
Yes that's actually the exact Tamiya colour I am going to use early next week for it when I return to the kit. I'm sure it will look fine for my needs anyway. Will let you know how it goes!
Cheers for the response!
timroberts8
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hi Douglas
I just saw this thread. All the post-war Czech vehicles I've seen (many) seem to have a satin finish rather than dead flat. A coat of Games Workshop Purity Seal over the green would work.
 _GOTOTOP