_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
BUM Models???
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:23 AM UTC
While in Spain my brother and sister-in-laws gave me two model kits from BUM (Barcelona Universal Models). They are 1/35th (great) and of the French Hotchsskis H-35 and a Russian Armoured Car BA - 20 used in the Spanish Civil War.
Does or has anyone had experiance with either of these kits? Or any experiance from this company? They are both stamped "Limited Edition" and my brother-in-law was told by the proprieter that they are very rare kits.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I did a little searching on these kits but, was unable to find any. Hmmm.
Thanks in advance.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:33 AM UTC
No Sir - you're the first to mention them - at least to my knowledge...

Gunnie
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:34 AM UTC
Hi Ken,

I'm not sure if you refer to the kits themselves or to the objects they represent.

If it's about the tank H-35 you can check some info at:

I have checked their site B U M but they haven't anything about those two.

Hope it's what you are looking for.

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:51 AM UTC
Me too Gunnie. It was the first time I heard of them too.

Thanks Jose. I'll certainly keep those for building reference but, I was hoping for "building experience" with them.
In my searches I found that some of their kits are Aroura (I think) molds. Not sure about the two I have though.
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 455 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:04 AM UTC
Ken, I doubt that the kits you scored are from Aurora molds. I remember those things, and the subjects were generally somewhat offbeat American hardware. Stuff like the MBT-70. I'd guess these are either home-grown, or perhaps share some genetic material with some of the eastern european makers (BA-20) or Heller (Hotchkiss H-35). Sounds like a couple of fun additions to the kit stash!

Greg
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Jose. I'll certainly keep those for building reference but, I was hoping for "building experience" with them.

PanzerNet a spanish site have a forum (only in spanish). If you want I can try there.

Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:49 AM UTC
Ahhh, it's those site names that throw me off. I would'nt have thought Panzernet to be a place for info I'm looking for. Heading over there now. Thanks Jose! Hablo tambien un poco espanol. LOL :-)

Greg, a little more searching I found that some of their kits are old Airfix molds and some from Giant molds. Still no info on mine.
And thanks, they do make a nice addition to the collection. My brother-in-law want me to build the BA-20 and post the pics here for him to see. I think I'll oblige.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hi Kencelot,

Did you find anything about your BUM kits ?

cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:07 AM UTC
Ken,
I built a BA-20 and there are pics on my site. Also a paragraph about the kit, which was from DML. I remember that the fit was not great and the headlight lenses were missing.
But, it is something different, and that always works for me.
 _GOTOTOP