_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
BMPT Terminator
gastec
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,042 posts
Armorama: 871 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2014 - 01:48 AM UTC
Bit of an impulse buy at my LHS last Thursday and with SWMBO working all weekend, couldn't resist getting stuck in....

It's easy to see why it's got its Terminator nickname

Depending on which version you build, you also have the option of a mine plough and EMT hardware to attach to the front end. I'm thinking of a desert splinter scheme used at an arms expo show which doesn't have the extras fitted.

Overall, not a bad way to spend 3 or so days. It's a fantastic kit with oodles of detail and excellent fit of parts. There are some very fine pieces which need extreme car during sprue removal and clean up but nothing the average modeller can't handle. Some lovely touches such as separately moulded cables and conduits - something most manufacturers would probably omit all together. The soft styrene parts work well but are difficult to clean up in places.
The tracks are great. Pure and simple. The track assembly jig works wonders and it's not a chore putting the links together - just the opposite.

There are AM parts out there but I genuinely think this kit doesn't really need them. Yes, I have gone for some metal barrels (currently on order) but even that is a bit of opulence

If you want a good clean OOTB build of a modern Soviet built AFV then you would be missing out on something great if you didn't get this one

Gary
barkeet
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2014 - 02:37 AM UTC
Verry nice clean build,hope to see it soon in splinter camo.
 _GOTOTOP