_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
BATTLE OF SIDI BOU SAID 1943
unknownsoldier
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 12:20 AM UTC
Hello everyone ,this is my last finished project

İts 1/48 scale Panzer III and figures from Tamiya ,base and other stuffs are scratch build.I tried to build a scene from Battle of Sıdı Bou Saıd which is before the Battle of Kasserine Pass.Here is some historical fact in wikipedia about battle

At 04:00 on 14 February four battle groups totalling 140 German tanks drawn from 10th and 21st Panzer Divisions and under the leadership of Lieutenant General Heinz Ziegler, von Arnim's deputy, advanced through Faïd and Maizila passes, sites that General Dwight D. Eisenhower had inspected three hours earlier, to attack Sidi Bouzid.

The attack started with tanks belonging to the 10th Panzer Division under the cover of a sandstorm advancing westward from Faïd in two battle groups (the Reimann and Gerhardt groups) . Elements of CCA tried to delay the German advance by firing a 105 mm M101 howitzer semi-fixed installed in an M4 Sherman tank. The Germans responded by shelling the American battle positions with 88mm guns. By 10 a.m. the Germans had circled Djebel Lessouda (defended by Lessouda Force, an armoured battalion group commanded by Lieutenant Colonel John K. Waters, George S. Patton's son-in-law) and joined up north of Sidi Bouzid.

Meanwhile the two battle groups of the 21st Panzer Division (Schütte and Stenckhoff groups) had secured the Maizila Pass to the south and the Schütte group headed north to engage two battalions of the 168th RCT on Djebel Ksaira while Stenckhoff headed northwest to Bir el Hafey in order to swing round and make the approach to Sidi Bouzid from the west during the afternoon.[9] Under heavy shelling from the Schütte group, Colonel Thomas Drake requested permission to retreat. This request was denied by Fredendall who ordered him to hold his positions and wait for reinforcements to arrive. The reinforcements never arrived. By 5 p.m. Stenckhoff and 10th Panzer had made contact and the tanks and artillery of CCA had been driven nearly 15 miles (24 km) west to Djebel Hamra with the loss of 44 tanks and many guns. The infantry were left marooned on the high ground at Djebel Lessouda, Djebel Ksaira and Djebel Garet Hadid[9] along with elements of the 1st Armored Division's 81st Armored Reconnaissance Battalion.

During the night US 1st Armored Division's commander Orlando Ward moved up Combat Command C to Djebel Hamra to counterattack Sidi Bouzid on 15 February. However, the attack was over flat exposed country and was bombed and strafed early in the movement and then found itself between the two German armoured Divisions employing more than 80 Panzer IV, Panzer III and Tiger I tanks. They were forced to retreat, losing 46 medium tanks, 130 vehicles and 9 self-propelled guns, narrowly regaining the position at Djebel Hamra. By the evening von Arnim had ordered three of the battle groups to head towards Sbeitla. They were engaged by the battered CCA and CCC who were forced back. On 16 February, helped by intensive air support, they drove back the fresh Combat Command B and entered Sbeitla.

unknownsoldier
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 12:23 AM UTC
This Panzer knocked out at Battle of Kasserine Pass

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Yasin,

this looks great...and it's 1/48!!!! Wow, I'm impressed!

Grand show Sir! Well done indeed!!

..a couple more photos would be nice!!

Cheers

Romain

callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 05:23 PM UTC
Nice, particularly the paint job on the tank.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 07:30 PM UTC
I had the pleasure to see this in real in 7th FNNS show. Great work. Congrats Brother.
Giovanni1508
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 652 posts
Armorama: 600 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 07:38 PM UTC

Hi Yasin,

Nice job, simple and clean. Figures look very well done, considering the scale !
I appreciate the historical research and the accuracy of the Pz.III

Regards

Giovanni
unknownsoldier
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 - 11:43 PM UTC
Romain thank you
Paul thank you
Engin Abi thank you/teşekkürler
Giovanni thank you

I am so glad you like my work

Here is some more photos ,sorry for average quality

cheers

unknownsoldier
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 - 11:45 PM UTC

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 - 11:50 PM UTC
Simply put, exceptional!
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 04:23 PM UTC

Matt is right!!!! That little beauty IS truly exceptional!!!

Those figures look so great and the weathering on the tank is spot on!!!

Superb show Sir!!!Thanks for the additional photos!!!!

Cheers

Romain

unknownsoldier
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 03:30 PM UTC
Matt thank you

Romain thank you again in April 2015 ı will be in Vienna for Moson Model Show.Probably this dio will be with me
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 04:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Matt thank you

Romain thank you again in April 2015 ı will be in Vienna for Moson Model Show.Probably this dio will be with me

Make sure you contact me!! It will be a pleasure to meet you!!

I send you a PM with my data!

Cheers

Romain

_GOTOTOP