_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
US Army PTO
Marine0352
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 10:36 PM UTC
Gents, I am primarily a PTO AFV and diorama builder so we know I am working against the grain. As a retired armor Marine, that's my primary specialty. Recently, I have decided to branch out into the Pacific campaigns of the US Army, and wow. Just about nothing in the figures department. Some of the army HBTs look a lot like the Marines, but to me, the HBT color looks darker. San I use Marine figures, lose the covered helmets and just paint them accordingly? Most army HBTs appear to have shirts that tucked in though...some not...this is getting to be a lot of work. Especially finding the soft covers (hats) for the army. More OD. Any tips, advice or news on Army PTO figures I cant find? Thanks! Semper Fi.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 - 09:40 AM UTC
There are a few resin figures, but very few, and hard (at least for me) to find. I have thought the same about using Marines and trying to alter the uniforms and helmets. I really just wish someone would come out with a decent sets.
BigfootV
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Armorama: 994 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 - 12:47 PM UTC
Hey guys,

My grandfather on my Mom's side was with Army 7th Inf. Division in the Pacific and was wounded on Kwajalein. Anyways, if I remember right the combat uniform he had wasn't too far off of the Marine Corp. one used in the Pacific. I wish we still had the uniform.......

You might find some photo at the 7th Inf. Division website. www.7ida.us

HTH.

See ya in the funnies.................
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 - 05:39 PM UTC
Leigh, welcome to Armorama, Brother!
Marine0352
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 02:09 AM UTC
Thank you , gentlemen. Ok, I wanted to verify I was not missing some hidden stash of USA in the PTO somewhere. I'm working around it in other ways to by combing Verlinden conversion kits and a mix of others, but there really is not much. And for my next trick, I'll pull some Brits in Burma out of my hat ! PTO modeling is a challenge, certainly. God bless !
Removed by original poster on 11/25/14 - 23:42:31 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP