_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Squadron Green Putty
flyers42
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 07:13 AM UTC
Does anyone use this on filling gaps in figures?Ive tried it and Im not to happy with it,will the acetone hurt the plastic when smoothing it out?
duckdawgs
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 07:49 AM UTC
Used to use it all the time for gaps, I mixed it with Tamiya extra thin cement, than I brushed it into the gaps, works great. But now I use Mr Hobby dissolved putty, works the same way and I can still thin it with the Tamiya cement...
pjmurley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 07:52 AM UTC
Acetone could very well melt the plastic. An alternative you could try is 91%+ isopropyl alcohol to the thin the putty. It works well in thinning automotive spot putty- the red stuff. It should work with the Squadron Green putty. Do a test to find out...
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 668 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 10:03 AM UTC
If you don't want to use acetone or liquid cement you could try Tamiya lacquer thinner .
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 07:35 PM UTC
For a good example of how green stuff can be used look further down this page to Rossgarys' excellent Gebergsjager build. He mixes his green stuff with something but I forgot what.
J
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 09:16 PM UTC
I use Squadron White Putty (I think it's just the same as the Green, except for the color) mixed with Tamiya glue. You can control how thick or thin you want, to fill in really small crevises. I find that the plastic glue provides a better bond with the surrounding plastic parts, and when the putty dries, it's more durable.
 _GOTOTOP