Hosted by Darren Baker
Any word on Trumpeters P IV 1/16
chinook
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2014 - 06:26 AM UTC
Hello All,just wondering if there any photos of Trumpeters Panzer IV H 1/16 yet. Got mine on preorder, cant wait.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 10:16 AM UTC
Just that it's coming

Hisham
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 03:44 PM UTC
As a lover of the Panzer IV there will be one of these at my place as soon as possible
Its about time someone brought out the IV in 1/16th ...its been to long a wait .

Phill
SDavies
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 979 posts
Armorama: 959 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 08:47 PM UTC
I am eager to see this model, it was supposed to be released in October 2014 and has was been delayed until the 1st December and to my knowledge its still not been released.

It has a full interior and a metal gun barrel !
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 09:48 PM UTC
Haven't seen any pics of the interior yet

Hisham
SDavies
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 10:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Haven't seen any pics of the interior yet

Hisham

Neither have I
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 04:02 AM UTC
I have both of their 1/16 T34/76 kits, the 1/16 SU-100 and I'll have this Panzer IV too as well for sure.

I think Trumpeter is my favorite model company as I have plenty of the 1/35th kits too!

Jeff
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 04:04 AM UTC
I hope these are not all the basic sprues.. because it doesn't look like there is an interior

Hisham
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 06:16 AM UTC
Looking under the open, right hand brake cover, you can see the interior parts...

And, on the sprue in the foreground, you can see a spent shell basket, and what looks like, to me anyway, interior framing... to the left of the blank area. Also, is that an ammo bin on the sprue standing up at the back? I can see what looks like the turret floor there, too. Without even mentioning the seat in the left foreground.

I am waiting for this, and trying to shed kits to pay for it (and make space on the shelves).

Kylie
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 06:25 AM UTC
I do see the interior parts of the gun, but not a lot more

Anyway, I'm hoping it will have a full interior and engine, because that will be one Hell of a kit

Hisham
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 06:39 AM UTC
Looking at the sprue standing at the back, left hand side, is that an instrument panel for the driver's station there? And the sprue that is side on, also to the left, a large box, where would that go on the outside?

Yes, there is an interior... looking at Panzer IV & its variants, Walter J Spielberger page 37, the frame reinforcements and trunnion holders are to the left of the black part of the sprue in the foreground. Further, page 58, the box with the 'X' stamped into it, on the sprue is an ammo box.

Believe, Hisham, believe.

if there is no interior, I will boycott all future 1/1 scale kits, whatsoever.

Kylie
SDavies
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 02:46 PM UTC
On E-models it states that the kit is full interior with a metal gun barrel. Over 2000 parts apparently. Trumpter have done an absolutely awful job marketing this kit and their broken website provides no information at all.

http://www.emodels.co.uk/trumpeter-1-16-pz-kpfw-iv-ausf-h-german-medium-tank-00920-plastic-model-kit.html

After all it was supposed to have been realeased on December 1st and its still not here.

With interior I will purchase without hesitation. Without interior? No way £179.99 for a 1/16th Panzer 4? thanks but no thanks.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 03:19 PM UTC
I remember when they were coming out with the SU-100 they had a lot of pics showing off the interior.. so, maybe this time they have some secrets they want to surprise us with

We have a saying here that goes something like "A secret that you would pay money for today.. will be free tomorrow", so...

Hisham
SDavies
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 03:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I remember when they were coming out with the SU-100 they had a lot of pics showing off the interior.. so, maybe this time they have some secrets they want to surprise us with

We have a saying here that goes something like "A secret that you would pay money for today.. will be free tomorrow", so...

Hisham

Maybe but If its their marketing strategy to 1) have a broken website 2) delay and not be clear about one of the biggest releases of 2014 then they need a new marketing team.

I am so exited about a 1/16 Panzer 4 with full interior (not that I have build my Tamyia and Trumpter 16th King Tigers....)but they are annoying me now.

Interior shots here http://mmodell.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9229&pageNo=2

Sprue shots here http://www.filscalemodels.ph/testshots/trumpeter16panzer4/trumpeter16pazer4.html

Its a Panzer 4 F2 according to Photo Etch and it does have a FULL interior :-)
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 03:48 PM UTC
Regarding their website, even when it was still working, they stopped updating it with any news a couple of months ago anyway since they started relying on their Facebook page. So, if you want some news, keep track of their FB page rather than their website

Hisham
SDavies
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 03:50 PM UTC
Na I refuse to have a facebook account.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2014 - 04:00 PM UTC
Well, I just saw one guy ask them on their FB page if it has full interior and they answered "YES", so that's good news

I really don't understand why some people are against FB.. the only information they get about you is what you're willing to give them.. and you only use it for what you want to use it for.. If it weren't for FB, I wouldn't have found three other modellers here in Egypt... and other friends I hadn't seen in over 20 years.. so, it does have it's good points.. and you can limit it's use to what makes you comfortable. But, of course, this is something that is totally personal

Hisham
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 10:45 AM UTC
Interesting, the draft instructions show a double baffle muzzle bake, ergo Aust G or later... As opposed to the Ausf F2 on the photo-etch. Which is dated 2012. Wonder where this has been for the last 2 years..

And I refuse to have a FB account. But let's keep this thread on topic.

Either way, I will pick up one. Can anyone say, "24th Panzer Division, Stalingrad"?

Kylie
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 11:47 AM UTC
And steel return rollers too.

Kylie
Yes, I am excited about this kit.
tnmn28g35
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 03:14 AM UTC
The kit is available at Sprue Brothers today.
miniflea
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 08:43 AM UTC
I'm really looking forward to seeing some build logs of this beast. This seems like a good place to ask about good in-depth PzIV reference books. I have the Spielberger book, which is great, but it does not have much info on the interior of the tank, or at least not the kind of detail I'd want if I was going to do an extensive interior.
AnalogKid
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 05:41 PM UTC
I ordered one and picked it up from my LHS yesterday. The interior looks complete to my less-than-expert eye. I spent last night going through interior photos I could find online. The first thing that appeared to me as different is that the instructions call out for the transmission to be painted gray and not the off-white per the rest of the interior of most German WWII armor. The one color pic I found online of a museum piece showed a gray transmission as well. I question if Trumpeter used this same pic as a reference or was it common for Pzr IV transmissions to be gray, or maybe from that one factory? Any thoughts on this?

With regards to building this thing anytime soon I am knee-deep in a 1/35th JagdPanther at the moment and had intentions of putting this new Pzr IV in the closet for a while. But, after busting it open and going through the parts...hmmm...it might be moving up in the queue...maybe a month or two from now after I finish the JagdPanther. If I do not see anyone else doing a build log I will give it serious consideration.

-Len
Removed by original poster on 03/19/15 - 12:46:42 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP