_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Scimitar tracks
dtniedert
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 03:23 AM UTC
I am building a AFV Club Scimitar from Desert Storm ERA.I would like to add the Fruiltrack tracks to it. Do I add the early, late, or are either type accurate? I cannot tell any difference between the two visually.
frank01
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 04:21 AM UTC
If I remember correctly, it is the hole for the sprocket that is the main diffrence with a tooth to keep the sprocket better in line when reversing.

more one for Keith to answer better.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 06:09 AM UTC
In mid-1999, following a competition, ASTRUM (at that time William Cook Defence) of the UK was selected to provide a new generation of single pin track for installation on the CVR(T) family of vehicles used by the British Army. This track is called the TR10 with first deliveries being made in 2000.

The main difference is the location of the guide horn, it was moved from the center of a/the link to the end of the link and over the portion where the pin passes through (under) it. Thus it looks like the guide horn is between the join of two links. It helps keep the track from jumping off the sprocket and idler wheel during high speed cross country movement especially through the curve as it moves around the sprocket and idler wheel.

The Sprocket was changed and given holes to enable material (dirt, sand, snow etc.) to exit out instead of building up under the track. The idler wheel also received a minor change in the number and size of the arms eminating out from the center hub, BOTH styles of idler wheels were found in use in Gulf war One.

The difference on the scale tracks is noticable if your aware of it, the sprocket difference is definately noticable (see the kit)..

Keith.
dtniedert
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 06:19 AM UTC
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Keith.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 06:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Keith.

Your very welcome mate.

Keith.
frank01
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 11:28 PM UTC
thank for reminding me as well Keith
 _GOTOTOP